Easy Equities good or bad?

ejtango

The support from Easy Equities is very bad I logged a problem 2 weeks ago and the lady keeps on giving me the same solution, which is not working I have asked for an escalation and no further feedback

cr@zydude

Executive Member
The support from Easy Equities is very bad I logged a problem 2 weeks ago and the lady keeps on giving me the same solution, which is not working I have asked for an escalation and no further feedback

Unlikely that they will fix your issue. The platform is great when it works, but the support sucks.

rvZA

Executive Member
Unlikely that they will fix your issue. The platform is great when it works, but the support sucks.

Yeah, EasyEquities is an extremely bad platform to deal with. Virtually no customer support. Transactions take weeks, months on end to process. EE should never be a serious platform for a serious investor. It is 100% perfect for small timers who wants play around with the markets and see how investing works.

2 weeks ago I paid some money from my US bank account to my EE account and the payment still do not reflect. Even their foreign accounts do not work properly.

ejtango

Yeah, EasyEquities is an extremely bad platform to deal with. Virtually no customer support. Transactions take weeks, months on end to process. EE should never be a serious platform for a serious investor. It is 100% perfect for small timers who wants play around with the markets and see how investing works.

2 weeks ago I paid some money from my US bank account to my EE account and the payment still do not reflect. Even their foreign accounts do not work properly.
How frustrating for you!! I hope you can benefit from the weaker rand

rvZA

Executive Member
How frustrating for you!! I hope you can benefit from the weaker rand

You can't benefit if a trading service takes 2 weeks (and counting) for processing a payment. You simply cannot put the money into shares.

But yeah, luckilly mine is a minor account and I already opened a foreign minor account abroad. Once it is approved I can move away from them with my kids accounts too.

The past 4 or so years I thought they would get their service delivery sorted and processes sped up, but it appears not.

Bundu

Expert Member
Perhaps good that I'm reading the above now - I've been with ABSA Stockbrokers for many years, but am so sick of them now, as there is also no customer service - emails never get answered and they don't keep to promises previously made to me.

Where should one go, if one has a fairly large portfolio with SA only stocks and ETFs?

Is Sharenet any good?

3WA

Honorary Master
Perhaps good that I'm reading the above now - I've been with ABSA Stockbrokers for many years, but am so sick of them now, as there is also no customer service - emails never get answered and they don't keep to promises previously made to me.

Where should one go, if one has a fairly large portfolio with SA only stocks and ETFs?

Is Sharenet any good?

Rand Swiss frequently wins best stockbroker of the year. I've never used them, but once I outgrow EasyEquities, that’s where I plan to go.

BCR

Expert Member

Is Sharenet any good?
For good customer service, I can recommend :

.... for local portfolios ; I'm sure they're fine in their offshore division, but haven't used them for that.

They bought out / took over Imara SP Reid who we were with for years (JSE trading) & service levels still seem to be as good, but tax doc reporting levels much improved, so at financial year end one PDF covers everything.

For offshore, have concentrated mainly on UT funds instead of individual shares - for that have used for a number of years :

Also find them to be efficient, and everything available at year end in timely manner.

Probably too entrenched in both at this stage to worry about their fees, so probably not the cheapest but selling to move elsewhere would result in (too much?) CGT.

Another two options (and use both but find I need very little dealing with them, so also don't have problems) :

Satrix

Sanlam

Bundu

Expert Member
Thanks guys! I'll take a look at both these options, as I need to move away from ABSA before I burst a vein

BCR

Expert Member
Thanks guys! I'll take a look at both these options, as I need to move away from ABSA before I burst a vein
If sticking to the local market, see if any of them will move all or most of your portfolio over, without you having to sell up everything first.

Don't know if it's possible in SA, but to avoid CGT will be worth it.

That said, having at least half offshore these days is probably a good idea, especially owing to the political situations we might find ourselves in, in years to come.

B-1

Expert Member
That's just the same support team that does easy equities in my experience. Had both for a while.

You can also transfer your share ownership from one broker to another without selling if you want. Just takes a while so make sure you consider your shares before starting the process.

BCR

Expert Member
I didn't even know the link between EE and Satrix.

But to Satrix's credit, they do provide telephonic and email support, though I seldom need to bother as everything online with them seems to work fine.

Bundu

Expert Member
If sticking to the local market, see if any of them will move all or most of your portfolio over, without you having to sell up everything first.

Don't know if it's possible in SA, but to avoid CGT will be worth it.

That said, having at least half offshore these days is probably a good idea, especially owing to the political situations we might find ourselves in, in years to come.
No I can't sell them all now, I'd be taxed too heavily - moving them all over is possible and not too expensive

Reactions: BCR

surface

Honorary Master

Is Sharenet any good?
I suppose you are in EE thread so there is that option. It works for me and I really don't know cons of it. Some people seem to be disheartened by the fact that they can't trade in millions every time but as the luck would have it, I don't have that problem.

p.s. I don't know if EE allows transfer of portfolio.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I suppose you are in EE thread so there is that option. It works for me and I really don't know cons of it. Some people seem to be disheartened by the fact that they can't trade in millions every time but as the luck would have it, I don't have that problem.

p.s. I don't know if EE allows transfer of portfolio.

EE allow transfers, if both sides list the same share

I know its possible with ETF’s

MattRoy