Easy Equities good or bad?

xumwun

Expert Member
They do indeed. Good luck dealing with the process. I initially tried transferring my portfolio, but after 8 months rather sold off and decided to pay CGT instead of dealing with EE support. Better in terms of health and mental wellbeing.

I had a TFSA transferred from ABSA without much trouble. Was done in less than a week.

prOd

Expert Member
When does the previous month's statements become available? It's the 7th of Dec. already and I can still only get up to 2021-10

supersunbird

Honorary Master
When does the previous month's statements become available? It's the 7th of Dec. already and I can still only get up to 2021-10

5wx65d.jpg

I have not received one of those.

Bundu

Expert Member
Guys, apologies for again asking a non-EE question, but has anybody here got experience with the Standard Bank trading platform? Opinion?

rvZA

Executive Member
Guys, apologies for again asking a non-EE question, but has anybody here got experience with the Standard Bank trading platform? Opinion?

I am not sure about banking trading platforms today. But, years ago, they were extremely expensive. If I remember correctly, FNB charged commission of around R280 when buying a single share, and virtually the same when selling it. Not sure if the banks still operate this way, but I totally moved away from SA platforms due to these commissions. EE definitely opened the door to cheaper trading, but their systems and operations do not work properly.

3WA

Honorary Master
I am not sure about banking trading platforms today. But, years ago, they were extremely expensive. If I remember correctly, FNB charged commission of around R280 when buying a single share, and virtually the same when selling it. Not sure if the banks still operate this way, but I totally moved away from SA platforms due to these commissions. EE definitely opened the door to cheaper trading, but their systems and operations do not work properly.

FNB have ShareZero which is 0.25% brokerage, same as EE, and no brokerage for FNB ETNs and Ashburton ETFs. The product itself is crap though, EE is much better.