Easypay finally has an app.

signates

Executive Member
Hi Katastrofie. Sorry for the late reply. The iOS version of the app should now be available internationally.
Good move.

The world has become such a small place with people living all over. To make an app only available in one location does not make sense. My wife is in the UK currently and we cannot install the O2 app on her South African phone and she's not tech savvy to be able to change the play store to UK and we cannot even use our South African credit cards to topup her prepaid phone number on their website. Fortunately she now has a UK bank account and we don't need to buy pin codes to topup her phone.

katastrofie

Hi Katastrofie. Sorry for the late reply. The iOS version of the app should now be available internationally.
The Easypay website requires a 5 digit pin.
The App requires an (min.) 8 character password.

Does this mean there’s no way to use the same account details on both the website and the app? Or am I missing something...

NkanyisoM

I'm also very skeptical of this "ATM Pin" thing. First time I've come across such. Not even my mobile banking application asks for that.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
A bit of a necro, but i've been forced to install the app now (on Android) because i can't make payments or buy electricity on the website any longer.

The message i get constantly on the website is:

1585398885794.png

What's wrong with the website?

I also had to register a new account, due to the password needing to be 8 characters long with special characters and all that goodness...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
A bit of a necro, but i've been forced to install the app now (on Android) because i can't make payments or buy electricity on the website any longer.

View attachment 808217

I also had to register a new account, due to the password needing to be 8 characters long with special characters and all that goodness...
Just use masterpass. The masterpass app supports masterpass, snapscan, zapper and easypay.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member

View attachment 808217

They called me and advised that for website payments I should use a browser other than Chrome. I tried IE and then it worked

K3NS31

Expert Member
Just use masterpass. The masterpass app supports masterpass, snapscan, zapper and easypay.
That app's terrible. Just gave it a whirl. Bad enough for me to go back to the not-really-working Easypay app.
(I couldn't find where / how to buy electricity (I'm not on Eskom); or if it supports Telkom - click Telecoms, get nothing)

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
That app's terrible. Just gave it a whirl. Bad enough for me to go back to the not-really-working Easypay app.
(I couldn't find where / how to buy electricity (I'm not on Eskom); or if it supports Telkom - click Telecoms, get nothing)
For Telkom just use your easypay number and for electricity you can use your bank.

K3NS31

Expert Member
For Telkom just use your easypay number and for electricity you can use your bank.
Thanks for replying. The whole point is not to use my bank. Else I wouldn't bother with any of these apps. (Ebucks).
The Easypay app does electricity well, so I'll maybe give this another try just for Telkom.

STORMERSFAN

Quick one.. When buying electricy on the web or easy pay app.. Are there any other commission or vender fees that are charged.. Ie is u spend R400, do u end up getting the R400 worth.. Wanna look into this to earn ebucks. Thx in advance

K3NS31

Expert Member
Quick one.. When buying electricy on the web or easy pay app.. Are there any other commission or vender fees that are charged.. Ie is u spend R400, do u end up getting the R400 worth.. Wanna look into this to earn ebucks. Thx in advance
Not as far as I can tell. I was charged extra tarrifs by the City once due to a separate rates bill, but that's not related to Easypay. (There's a rant / thread on that somewhere).

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Urgh! Just been forced to use this to pay for NBT exams (which you can pay for at a number of brick and mortar stores but only via Easypay for online payments - catch a wakeup UCT!).

Yes, the Masterpass App still requires your ATM PIN Code - wtf 'tech' is this??

Mein Gott!

"D"

Expert Member
Which one do you mean? There are 7 different Masterpass apps on the Play Store, 8 if one includes the 'Mastercard for You' app.
Their basic layouts are the same, but the VodaPay one has many more options than the Capitec one, for example. (But you can have both - or all - because each has partnered many different retailers but the choices are not always overlapping.)