Easypay finally has an app.

signates

Executive Member
Used it for the first time last month since WalletDoc no longer processes Telkom EasyPay payments.

signates

Executive Member
Just tried to pay my Telkom account again and got an error.

I paid it using the easypay app on the 27th November. When did you pay your Telkom bill?Screenshot_20181205-154433_walletdoc.jpeg

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Just tried to pay my Telkom account again and got an error.

I paid it using the easypay app on the 27th November. When did you pay your Telkom bill?View attachment 588404
Was very near the end of November as I actually forgot about it.

Let me check.

Was 13 November it seems.

Will try it again this month and report back.

Telkom have their own CC facility on their website though so the charge thing doesn't make sense.

Dianysis

Expert Member
I am a bit nervous.
When trying to purchase prepaid electricity (uses masterpass) - it asks for my atm pin.

I guess I am paranoid, but I don't like that idea.

EasyPay (Pty) Ltd

EasyPay
Company Rep
I am a bit nervous.
When trying to purchase prepaid electricity (uses masterpass) - it asks for my atm pin.

I guess I am paranoid, but I don't like that idea.
Hi Dianysis. We use Masterpass by Mastercard to process payments. This allows users to pay a wide range of debit and credit cards. Certain banks require you to enter an OTP instead.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I started using the app a couple of months ago for prepaid electricity (after seeing the OP) . This month I got a phone call and long story short a R2000 gift card was delivered to me. I was not even aware their was a promotion of any kind. Thanks!

AntennaMan

Expert Member
I haven't been able to log in. It doesn't want to accept my username and password. Everything works on their website.

EasyPay (Pty) Ltd

EasyPay
Company Rep
Hi AntennaMan. Please note that you have to register separately via the app before you can log in. If are still having issues please chat with us via the app and we will be more than happy to help you.

EasyPay (Pty) Ltd

EasyPay
Company Rep
I started using the app a couple of months ago for prepaid electricity (after seeing the OP) . This month I got a phone call and long story short a R2000 gift card was delivered to me. I was not even aware their was a promotion of any kind. Thanks!
Our pleasure :) Enjoy it. This is the last week of the competition for anyone reading this. Unfortunately you can only win one time.

Full terms and conditions here:

https://epmobile.app/mp_competition_tcs.html

GRINSA

So EasyPay, your website only let me make one transaction and then said I had to wait 24 hours for my account to be activated....still waiting days later. I then downloaded your APP and after entering my credit card details it asks me for my ATM Pin.....WTF!! Even on your website it says don't give your Pin away to anyone electronically... Very frustrated as I can still not buy electricity unless I go the Checkers or PnP

EasyPay (Pty) Ltd

EasyPay
Company Rep
So EasyPay, your website only let me make one transaction and then said I had to wait 24 hours for my account to be activated....still waiting days later. I then downloaded your APP and after entering my credit card details it asks me for my ATM Pin.....WTF!! Even on your website it says don't give your Pin away to anyone electronically... Very frustrated as I can still not buy electricity unless I go the Checkers or PnP
Hi Grinsa

I understand your concern. Masterpass requires an ATM pin for certain cards. The pin is encrypted and nobody will know it except you, even if you use it for payment. They are backed by Mastercard. You can learn more about it here.

https://masterpass.com/en-za/faqs/about-masterpass.html

katastrofie

@EasyPay (Pty) Ltd
Do you happen to know if it would be possible for Easypay to release the iOS version of the app outside of the South African iTunes app store, i.e. so that it is available on the international app stores?

katastrofie

Hi there. Which countries do you have in mind? UK store? US store?
For me specifically, Germany.

But I can imagine that there’s also South Africans living in the UK and other countries that would find this useful for paying bills back in SA.