Ekurhuleni proposed name changes

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Where's Ekurhuleni ?
Covers Nigel/Springs/Benoni/Brakpan/Kempton Park/Alberton/Heidelberg/Germiston/Bedfordview (Bedfordview is actually a suburb of Germiston, but the snotty folks there don't like being told that) . Some parts of Midrand/Olifantsfontein as well I think. It's the largest Metro area in Gauteng.

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
I swear this is like the gov version of a ponzi scheme. Need money - starting renaming sh--t for no good reason. Rake in the bucks.

EADC

Executive Member
Covers Nigel/Springs/Benoni/Brakpan/Kempton Park/Alberton/Heidelberg/Germiston/Bedfordview (Bedfordview is actually a suburb of Germiston, but the snotty folks there don't like being told that) . Some parts of Midrand/Olifantsfontein as well I think. It's the largest Metro area in Gauteng.
Yip goes all way up to Midstream Estate

walterl

Expert Member

You left out the most important one! Boksburg!

lkswan747

Expert Member
NO,NO,NO, why not use the money for something that will benefit the poor! What is wrong with these people! Name changes do not alleviate poverty in any way for suck fakes.

Last edited:

Sollie

Executive Member
Where's Ekurhuleni ?
Easy. You go to Centurion just south of Pretoria, open your car window on a hot day, follow the smell. You'll find teh source to be Sesmylspruit, a stream of raw sewerage. Now follow that upstream across municipal borders, taking a right at the Kaalspruit tributary. Continue a bit upstream to where the smell stops - that's the Ekurhuleni sewerage works.

Simple - and also says a lot.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Why can't they rename things to numbers? I find that non offensive. Rename everything sorted by size.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Doesnt Edenvale fall under sandton ?
Edenvale is a town on the East Rand in Gauteng, South Africa. Modern Edenvale has become a very well known part of Ekurhuleni. It lies about halfway between the O.R. Tambo International Airport and the Johannesburg city centre and is located 12km by road from Sandton and about 9km from the closest Gautrain station. Wikipedia

Zophos

Expert Member
NO,NO,NO, why not use the money for something that will benefit the poor! What is wrong with these people! Name changes do not alleviate poverty in any way for suck fakes.
Jirre, we are spending R528 billion on social grants already, I think we have the poor covered. They can offer PAYE breaks for the middle class with this money!