Expect huge things from Vodacom in 2020

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Expect huge things from Vodacom in 2020

Vodacom has had a great 2019, cementing its position as the biggest mobile operator in the country.

Vodacom shows no signs of slowing down next year, as it plans to launch a number of new initiatives and expand its existing offerings.

Iwojima

Expert Member
All these new services and all your client base really wants is a reduction in pricing.

Can't help but think that every "value added" service Vodacom introduces increases internal costs and reduces the likelihood of the above.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Err.. how was 2019 a great year for Vodacom?

In 2018 it was firmly established that in every objective measurement, MTN has a superior network. And Vodacom didn't do anything in 2019 to change that:

Also, what is all that crap about financial services, payments, gaming and music? Vodacom, literally no one wants any of that from you. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay are already enough to keep track of. And we already have a dozen or more services like Spotify, Netflix, ShowMax, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ etc. to worry about. Focus on being a mobile network perhaps.

Willem_Wikkelspies

Executive Member
I'm on Vodacom prepaid. Always get great voice and data offers. And their network rocks here where I am.

Swa

Honorary Master
Posted this in the MTN thread
All of the buzzwords again. Don't see affordable data anywhere. A webpage can easily be 10MB. It's not unusual for 100MB of assets to be preloaded. It's now become standard for sites to show video by default. And here we are in 2020 with MTN and Vodacom still thinking ito paying per MB.

Swa

Honorary Master
Never been nailed for OOB. I keep a steady eye on my data and make sure I'm nowhere near my data limit.

I only use about 2GB a month.
So things you shouldn't need to worry about. Either using only 99% of your data or using more than 100% and paying more.

My offers I always get for voice and data:

View attachment 760436
Table scraps then. I pay R10/GB and don't have to worry about expiring data.

Willem_Wikkelspies

Executive Member
So things you shouldn't need to worry about. Either using only 99% of your data or using more than 100% and paying more.

Table scraps then. I pay R10/GB and don't have to worry about expiring data.
If you say so. Anyway Vodacom has treated me well. MTN was a bad experience. Their ads drove me bat crazy. I don't actually care for MTN. Or how good their network is. I'm just into good comms and not being spammed.

For all of you that don't know me see my first posts here.

LaraC

Honorary Master
If you say so. Anyway Vodacom has treated me well. MTN was a bad experience. Their ads drove me bat crazy. I don't actually care for MTN. Or how good their network is. I'm just into good comms and not being spammed.

For all of you that don't know me see my first posts here.
Where? ;)