Experiences using the eHome Affairs for ID card or passport?

Kat2016

Hi there

I am going to be applying for my ID card and new passport through the online application system and just wondered if anyone had done it?

Is there any charge for this? If so, how much was it. I know the bank doesn't charge for helping but do you have to pay a fee to apply for the card/passport?

How long is the wait to get an appointment with the bank? How long did the whole process take?

Was it a smooth process?

Just want to be prepared! :)

Jehosefat

Expert Member
Hi

I applied for my ID card recently through FNB. It cost R140, I had to wait just under a week for an appointment at the bank (I applied on the Thursday and made an appointment for the following Tuesday). Appointment took about 10 minutes and my card was then ready for collection 10 days later.

Super smooth process. All the info that I captured during the application was ready when I got there for my appointment. Just had to sign that it was correct and have photos and fingerprints taken.

Kat2016

Hi

I applied for my ID card recently through FNB. It cost R140, I had to wait just under a week for an appointment at the bank (I applied on the Thursday and made an appointment for the following Tuesday). Appointment took about 10 minutes and my card was then ready for collection 10 days later.

Super smooth process. All the info that I captured during the application was ready when I got there for my appointment. Just had to sign that it was correct and have photos and fingerprints taken.

Thanks so much! That sounds great :)

Juandres

Hi there

I am going to be applying for my ID card and new passport through the online application system and just wondered if anyone had done it?

Is there any charge for this? If so, how much was it. I know the bank doesn't charge for helping but do you have to pay a fee to apply for the card/passport?

How long is the wait to get an appointment with the bank? How long did the whole process take?

Was it a smooth process?

Just want to be prepared! :)
10 working days or 10 days?

Bernie

Expert Member
I did my passport October last year via eHomeAffairs. Went to Nedbank In Sandotn. Was super smooth process, my passport was ready in just over 2 weeks, no long queues, was very pleasant. I also now applied for an ID card in December, same experience, just waiting for notification that my ID is ready.