Explora 3 with HDPVR 2P

Nash99

Hi

Can someone please explain to me how to connect a Explora 3a (primary) with a HDPVR (secondary) using Xtraview. I currently have a Dual Smart LNB.

Do I need any additional device? Do I need to change any settings?

Thank you so much

Nemesys

You will need a diplexer see the diagram for user band settings and cabling required

3A  2P SLNB.JPG

Nash99

You will need a diplexer see the diagram for user band settings and cabling required

View attachment 951998
Hi @Nemesys, thank you so much for your help. Would the diagram be the same if I wanted to make the Explora 3A the Primary decoder and the HDPVR the secondary?

What I have set up so far is a cable from the SLNB straight to the Explora and the other cable from the SLNB into a diplexer. The "ANT" cable from the diplexer goes into "RF In" on the HDPVR and the "SAT" cable from the diplexer goes into "Satellite 1 (SATCR)" on the HDPVR. I'll attach a diagram.

The problem I am having now is that some channels play normally, however, some channels play for a bit and then freezes. The normal playing channels have signal on Tuner 1 & 2, however, the freezing channels only have signal on Tuner 2 and not on Tuner 1. What should I do?

Attachments

• XtraView-with-Explora-3-and-HD-model-4S4U.jpg
    XtraView-with-Explora-3-and-HD-model-4S4U.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 12

Nemesys

It is preferred that the Explora be set as the primary.
You need to change the LNB type on the home network for the 2P to SatCr universal anfleave the Userbands at it default of 0 and 1
On the Explora goto the blue button on the remote then Settings>Satellite Settings> Home Networks> Launch Installation Wizard>IS20>Quick Setupp> Decoder 2>OK
That should solve the tuner 2 no signal and the channels freezing problem

Nash99

It is preferred that the Explora be set as the primary.
You need to change the LNB type on the home network for the 2P to SatCr universal anfleave the Userbands at it default of 0 and 1
On the Explora goto the blue button on the remote then Settings>Satellite Settings> Home Networks> Launch Installation Wizard>IS20>Quick Setupp> Decoder 2>OK
That should solve the tuner 2 no signal and the channels freezing problem
Will changing the Explora to Decorder 2 not make it think that it is the secondary?

Nemesys

No that change set the user bands to eliminate a user band conflict. The decoders on an extra view set up on a SLNB cannot use the same user bands. So changing the Network setup on the Explora to Decoder 2 only sets the decoder to use use bands 4.5 and 6
The SLNB can cater for 30 user bands.

Nash99

No that change set the user bands to eliminate a user band conflict. The decoders on an extra view set up on a SLNB cannot use the same user bands. So changing the Network setup on the Explora to Decoder 2 only sets the decoder to use use bands 4.5 and 6
The SLNB can cater for 30 user bands.
Thank you so much for your help @Nemesys. It seems to be working now and the channels are not freezing. I will let you know if there is anything but it seems to be all good now.