External Antenna for Rain

Blapan

Hi, I've recently relocated and my rain network at my new place is terrible. The map showed that there was coverage in my area but the speeds have been so bad it is hard to even browse the web. My connectivity ranges from 3-4 out of 5 bars usually but my speed is 1.27 Mbps. I wanted to know before committing to the cost if an Lte antenna (Poynting Dual polarized medium gain LTR antenna) will help solve the problem was the speed wasn't like this before. Please advise.
Try this unit, https://www.takealot.com/portable-mimo-lte-antenna-sma-connector/PLID69178732

Blapan

Hi, I've recently relocated and my rain network at my new place is terrible. The map showed that there was coverage in my area but the speeds have been so bad it is hard to even browse the web. My connectivity ranges from 3-4 out of 5 bars usually but my speed is 1.27 Mbps. I wanted to know before committing to the cost if an Lte antenna (Poynting Dual polarized medium gain LTR antenna) will help solve the problem was the speed wasn't like this before. Please advise.
Try this unit.. https://www.takealot.com/portable-mimo-lte-antenna-sma-connector/PLID69178732

Kiemo

Hi. I dont know what router or device you are currently using, but chances are if it performs better outside, a good router that supports external antennas will give you good results. My issues are with congestion, but even then, having aimed my external antenna with the help of the optimise tool, i at least have very stable signal now. The B315 is a great choice as it also has 2 SMA connectors, so you will get full benefit from a MIMO antenna like the XPOL range.

Factors outside your control notwithstanding (congestion), you should have good results.
What speeds are you getting

koogs

I want to try and external antenna and see if I get better performance.

Do I need 2 x runs of SMA cable from the antenna to the back of my B315 router as it has 2 antennas and the external antenna has 2 connectors as well?

Long runs of SMA cable is not cheap.....

"D"

Expert Member
Many of the antennas that are manufactured by Poynting (for example) has 6m or even 10m cables attached to the antenna.

koogs

Many of the antennas that are manufactured by Poynting (for example) has 6m or even 10m cables attached to the antenna.
I am trying out a used antenna I was given without the cables. I dont want to invest in a new antenna if it not going to improve my signal......

So i need to get the cables and I assume it has to be 2 runs from the antenna to the router?

"D"

Expert Member
Most likely, yes.

By the way, some routers require adapters as well, and the prices on some are pure extortion:
Hopefully someone can inform us all where to get fair prices, so we can support those businesses instead.

Blapan

Attachments

Blapan

Have these available..