External antenna on congested Tower(Rain)

Chuma1031

Hi I need serious help

I’m planning to get XPol -2 which was recommended by Dr Fourie from Poynting antennas , today I realized I have 3 Cell Towers which are close to my house less than 1km but congested.

do u guys think pointing direct to these tower might improve my speed or I need point the ones that are 2km away to get a better speeds?

does anyone know how to change from one tower to another?

Assasin_Zer0

Hi I need serious help

I’m planning to get XPol -2 which was recommended by Dr Fourie from Poynting antennas , today I realized I have 3 Cell Towers which are close to my house less than 1km but congested.

do u guys think pointing direct to these tower might improve my speed or I need point the ones that are 2km away to get a better speeds?

does anyone know how to change from one tower to another?
Wont change much if the tower is congested.
Going to a tower futher away might help. But also depends on how congested it is.

"D"

Expert Member
Hol' up, there's more to this.
If any of those towers are broadcasting on a different Band than the others, you may be in luck, depending on your router's capabilities.
Check out Carrier Aggregation, Band Forcing, etc. You can search these forums - you can also start here. (Also, compare the properties of the X-POL-2 with that of the X-POL-6, for example.)

Chuma1031

Hol' up, there's more to this.
If any of those towers are broadcasting on a different Band than the others, you may be in luck, depending on your router's capabilities.
Check out Carrier Aggregation, Band Forcing, etc. You can search these forums - you can also start here. (Also, compare the properties of the X-POL-2 with that of the X-POL-6, for example.)
I tried forcing my router to go 2600Mhz but nothing there around my area ,the noticeable difference between those two antenna gain XPol-6 is 11dbi , 10 m cable It’s pricey while XPol-2 has 9 dbi ,5 m cables slightly cheaper than its twin brother XPol-6

Kiemo

Guys in this good ?
RSRP / -88db
RSRQ / -12db
SINR / 10
RSSI / -59dbm

Assasin_Zer0

It's Congestion. You'll see the guy's that arent complaining as much is in area's that have other solutions available (ADSL , Fiber).

Take a look the test that were done by the MYBB Team , The area's where they did the speedtest are all fiber rich area's . I mean Midstream , They have more fiber providers available than we have rain towers.

So a good test like myself and @cavedog did . Take your device as close as possible to the tower your latched onto and the run the tests again . Try and run it more or less the same times as when you have been running them.

In my case , i have probably spent in excess of 40 hours moving my device around my property. This includes indoors and outdoors.At one point i had 3 X poles joined to see if i could better my connection elevating it above any obstructions , That was about +13m elevation.

I have 3 towers close to me 2 that are completely useless , if i get a solid 6Mbps i'm lucky .

The tower i am currently connected to gives me 10 - 20Mbps during the day and 350Mbps+ from around 01:30 - 06:15 . 4G and 5G not connecting to the same towers , where i am they are in complete opposite directions of each other and about 3km's appart.

To give you an idea , This is over 5 day's and a test is run every 30 min.
1592589451459.png

That's my 5c worth.

jbroo

It's Congestion. You'll see the guy's that arent complaining as much is in area's that have other solutions available (ADSL , Fiber).

Take a look the test that were done by the MYBB Team , The area's where they did the speedtest are all fiber rich area's . I mean Midstream , They have more fiber providers available than we have rain towers.

So a good test like myself and @cavedog did . Take your device as close as possible to the tower your latched onto and the run the tests again . Try and run it more or less the same times as when you have been running them.

In my case , i have probably spent in excess of 40 hours moving my device around my property. This includes indoors and outdoors.At one point i had 3 X poles joined to see if i could better my connection elevating it above any obstructions , That was about +13m elevation.

I have 3 towers close to me 2 that are completely useless , if i get a solid 6Mbps i'm lucky .

The tower i am currently connected to gives me 10 - 20Mbps during the day and 350Mbps+ from around 01:30 - 06:15 . 4G and 5G not connecting to the same towers , where i am they are in complete opposite directions of each other and about 3km's appart.

To give you an idea , This is over 5 day's and a test is run every 30 min.
View attachment 862795

That's my 5c worth.
Are you automating the tests? How?

Assasin_Zer0

Are you automating the tests? How?
A nice way of doing it Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS \ Telegraf \ Grafana

1. Install the official SpeedTest CLI from SpeedTest.net - https://www.speedtest.net/apps/cli
  2. Run 'speedtest' once (to accept the license)
  3. Add the configuration into telegraf,
  4. copy the config and add to your telegraf.conf
  5. Restart telegraf (e.g. under Ubuntu sudo systemctl restart telegraf)
Install Grafana dashboard

Reactions: Yuu

Kiemo

Thanks buddy I ran into this when I checked how to improve my stats ... so I guess that leaves me with congested towers ... I connected to a tower earlier then I saw the stats are good but the speeds are poor ... so I really need to hope onto a tower that supports the 2600 band