Extra data credited

ros_b

I appear to have been given 1GB extra data on both of my Cell C contracts. My voice contract, which has 500MB per month on it, seems to have 1.5GB, and my 15GB data contract seems to have 16GB. Is this compensation for the outage the other day, or some other special I'm unaware of?

geezer

Expert Member
I appear to have been given 1GB extra data on both of my Cell C contracts. My voice contract, which has 500MB per month on it, seems to have 1.5GB, and my 15GB data contract seems to have 16GB. Is this compensation for the outage the other day, or some other special I'm unaware of?
Yes, but if I am not mistaken, only valid for 5 days.

BBSA

Honorary Master
I have also received a Gig from FNB, but I can not use it as FNB use my normal data first. This is really retarded.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep

Hi There

Customers have been gifted their 1GB data to thank them for their patience during the network downtime on Saturday.

^NS

Lee31

Hi There

Customers have been gifted their 1GB data to thank them for their patience during the network downtime on Saturday.

^NS

Hi

I have had problems from last week but no data given to me.

m0zy

Expert Member
Hi There

^NS

My wife got hers and has already used it all up. Eish LOL

phly

Expert Member
Do those of us with LTE 50gb packages get the same. Because on both packages that I got, I haven't received any compensation data.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Do those of us with LTE 50gb packages get the same. Because on both packages that I got, I haven't received any compensation data.
It was was only a temporary gift. If you didn't use the 1GB within 5 days they took it back.

phly

Expert Member
It was was only a temporary gift. If you didn't use the 1GB within 5 days they took it back.

Never came through on my end thats why I thought perhaps it was only a special gift to those on mobile phones. Then I came across this thread and figured i would ask.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
Never came through on my end thats why I thought perhaps it was only a special gift to those on mobile phones. Then I came across this thread and figured i would ask.
How do you know you didn't get it?

phly

Expert Member
How do you know you didn't get it?

I checked all day and even the days after since they announced it on Twitter. I’m using afrihost so the app shows the data I have remaining and it never increased one iota.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I checked all day and even the days after since they announced it on Twitter. I’m using afrihost so the app shows the data I have remaining and it never increased one iota.
Fair enough.

For a couple of days I noticed I had an extra GB, and then it disappeared again. I can't find any SMS notifying me that it came or went.

phly

Expert Member
I know its abit late to ask but was just curious as to why I did not receive it so figured there's no harm in asking. Perhaps a cellc rep will chime in after the weekend.