F1 2024

I just want to understand where the CPT people think they could host a race. the streets are like 3cm wide and that is for the duel lane roads.
you cant host an F1 race anywhere in the city because it will be delayed by 2 hours because of traffic, never mind the trouble of the teams getting robbed in the dodgy areas on the way to the air port.

While I am not at all a fan of JHB it is a far better option than CPT for the race. between track and airport you are on the highway most of the way.
Traffic impact of the race itself is minimal compared to CPT where there would be road closures.

JHB has no chance of a bergie wondering onto a live track and causing havoc.

All around I do not believe South Africa CAN host an F1 race regardless of where.
for an African race to be added they would need to look at Morocco that is the only hope we have.
There is already a proposed track layout for an E-Prix but the race was cancelled:

Before that, there was an F1 track proposed as well which incorporated the stadium:
cpt f1.PNG

I fail to see how that is different to the issues I posted about CPT. Drivers will be late to get to the track because traffic will be worse than it was in Vagas.
there will be bergies on the track and there will still be issues getting to and from the airport because of the high crime rate.

you can draw a potential street race in Soweto so it goes past Mandela's home and have it look just as good as the CPT one, hell you can even make it go though FNB stadium if you want. that does not mean its a good idea.

if we are going to entertain ANOTHER street race then we can consider Cairo so they go past the Sphix and the Piramids. or Buleweo so you can go past the Great Zimbawe ruins (that is an actual joke not a real consideration)

^^
Toto Wolff suggesting Red Bull were worried about their first fully in-house engine.
“I think what frightens him [Horner] more maybe is that his engine programme is not coming along and maybe he wants to kill it that way,” Wolff said.

Spot on.

On another topic...
"Up until now, the battery has been used to accompany the combustion side of the engine but Newey is suggesting that from 2026, the ICE will be there to support the battery"
As I was saying a few pages back...

Last edited:
I fail to see how that is different to the issues I posted about CPT. Drivers will be late to get to the track because traffic will be worse than it was in Vagas.
there will be bergies on the track and there will still be issues getting to and from the airport because of the high crime rate.

you can draw a potential street race in Soweto so it goes past Mandela's home and have it look just as good as the CPT one, hell you can even make it go though FNB stadium if you want. that does not mean its a good idea.

if we are going to entertain ANOTHER street race then we can consider Cairo so they go past the Sphix and the Piramids. or Buleweo so you can go past the Great Zimbawe ruins (that is an actual joke not a real consideration)
Cape Town should host the F1 during the Ramadan when half the town is at home

There is already a proposed track layout for an E-Prix but the race was cancelled:

Before that, there was an F1 track proposed as well which incorporated the stadium:
View attachment 1692061

It happened in 2023.

I think it is fairly obvious that Newey wont be with RB come 2026. I think he wants to give Ferrari a go alongside Lewis. He has stated before that he regrets never having worked with Lewis.

Lewis is also not stupid, Ferrari could be in a prime position come 2026 with the new regs and might be his last chance to claim that number 8. With Newey alongside him, that would cap off an already illustrious career for both men.

I also don't think Max will be with RB come 2026 which is why Merc does not want to give Sainz a long term contract. Max is going to Merc in 2026, that is my prediction. Max knows the 2025 RB car will probably still be the better car in the pack, so sticking it out for the next 2 years to possibly get to number 5?

I think it is fairly obvious that Newey wont be with RB come 2026. I think he wants to give Ferrari a go alongside Lewis. He has stated before that he regrets never having worked with Lewis.

Lewis is also not stupid, Ferrari could be in a prime position come 2026 with the new regs and might be his last chance to claim that number 8. With Newey alongside him, that would cap off an already illustrious career for both men.

I also don't think Max will be with RB come 2026 which is why Merc does not want to give Sainz a long term contract. Max is going to Merc in 2026, that is my prediction. Max knows the 2025 RB car will probably still be the better car in the pack, so sticking it out for the next 2 years to possibly get to number 5?
Imagine Lewis does get that number 9 with Ferrari. That would be quite the career man.

Back