Fake online retailer - help!

RustPuppet

In case anyone's wondering, here's where this guy is slipping up (again):

1. The business has not been in operation since August 2015. There are complaints about the exact same Apple Watch scam on Hellopeter dating back to 15 July 2015.

2. The alleged fake profiles are very much fake, as we've already seen posted earlier.

3. Conveniently, the "business partner" has just left to go overseas for a month. Also convenient is the fact that "Eduart", despite being a partner in the business, has no authority over the company's finances.

4. I requested a refund on Friday, but unfortunately this happened just as the "business partner" left the country. Obviously the money can't be returned until I withdraw the complaint with ABSA.

5. Payment was NOT made by EFT, it was put on my credit card. I have the bank statement to prove it.

6. They are more than welcome to record all IP addresses. In fact, since we're sharing IPs, why doesn't "Eduart" share his? :whistling:

Oh, and "Eduart Klococi" doesn't seem to exist. Not on social media, not on any of the websites, and not on Google at all.

EDIT: Should this chop actually decide to refund me, is there a safe way I can do this without compromising my information?

RustPuppet

The plot thickens:

Apple ZA said:
Dear Dan,

Further to your replies, it seems that you may be confusing us with some other business and websites. We do not know of any ‘Adam Hardman’ or previous businesses that he may have run, and that he is not involved in any way with our business. Again, we have only begun this business since August this year. There are many other companies selling Apple products, and we do not run all of them. As mentioned previously, we did not design or develop the website and it’s related aspects but merely bought it off from a company in Cape Town. Prior to the issues we are now encountering from your complaints, we were in the process of finding another website company to make changes to the site, including an SSL certificate to go with the Thawte logo and some other aspects. It has now become necessary to place a hold on the website, which has been done already, pending resolution of these issues.

You did in fact pay by EFT on the 17/08/15, please check your records. As stated previously, it is not possible for us to accept payment via credit card since we do not have the facilities in place to do so.

I will probably be able to reach my business partner late tomorrow since he has a long journey to Hong Kong. He is in charge of all financial aspects of the business and will have to arrange the refund. I am unsure of how this can be effected since the account for the business is most likely still on hold. Your deadline regarding the refund is unreasonable considering the general circumstances. Attempting to hold our business to ransom based on unfounded allegations and circumstantial findings is unfair. Conceding that the internet contains a minefield of scams and schemes, one cannot blanket label everyone as such.

I can only assure you further, that we have no intention of stealing from any of our customers, and that we will refund your money as soon as possible.

I will not engage in any further tit-for-tat with you regarding your allegations. However, I will update you from our side regarding the arrangement of a refund.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
If you paid by credit card, go to the bank and dispute the transaction. If the bank gives you the run around, then threaten to escalate to either MasterCard or Visa.

If you did an EFT from your Credit Card, then you are SOL... and will more then likely never see the money again.

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
RustPuppet? I think I remember you from the PCFormat forums from ten years ago (if it is you, you might still be active there, I left PCF nine years ago).

RustPuppet

Despite this guy's adamant claims, there are just way too many plot holes in his story. And I notice he's still offered no explanation for the bunch of other people who got swindled the same way.

Attachments

RustPuppet

[XC] Oj101;16033326 said:
RustPuppet? I think I remember you from the PCFormat forums from ten years ago (if it is you, you might still be active there, I left PCF nine years ago).
That's me :D

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
That's me :D
Hey dude :D I was Oj, a Knight of the Round Table (remember MysticalTitan?) before the thread got accidentally deleted :D

Back on topic, is it possible that the previous owners of the site were doing exactly what's happened to you? I don't believe the emails you're receiving, but I guess it's a possibility.

RustPuppet

[XC] Oj101;16033502 said:
Hey dude :D I was Oj, a Knight of the Round Table (remember MysticalTitan?) before the thread got accidentally deleted :D

Back on topic, is it possible that the previous owners of the site were doing exactly what's happened to you? I don't believe the emails you're receiving, but I guess it's a possibility.
Ah, the good ol' days. I remember your nick. I eventually moved to Planet Mars, then Vault9, and then SystemShock. Man, those were some fun times in the shoutbox.

Aaaaaaaanyway, I won't discount the possibility of the previous site owners running a scam, but then why have there been scam reports since these new owners took it over? It blows my mind that there is proof of other people getting conned by the exact same scam, and yet this guy thinks I'll ignore that.

I'm also wondering why this guy hasn't tried to contact me via phone. Surely if the block on his accounts has stopped him from doing legitimate business, he'd be on the phone to me and/or his lawyers in a second?

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Ah, the good ol' days. I remember your nick. I eventually moved to Planet Mars, then Vault9, and then SystemShock. Man, those were some fun times in the shoutbox.

Aaaaaaaanyway, I won't discount the possibility of the previous site owners running a scam, but then why have there been scam reports since these new owners took it over? It blows my mind that there is proof of other people getting conned by the exact same scam, and yet this guy thinks I'll ignore that.

I'm also wondering why this guy hasn't tried to contact me via phone. Surely if the block on his accounts has stopped him from doing legitimate business, he'd be on the phone to me and/or his lawyers in a second?
TO or FROM Planet Mars? Planet Mars ceased to exist before PCFormat days :p I probably saw you on SystemShock as well, I moved there from PCF and was active there until it started to die out 3-4 years ago.

IF what was said in the email to you is true and the website hasn't been touched, the previous owners don't need to do anything to continue their scam - it'll continue until the site gets changes. I'm really going out on a wing here and playing devil's advocate, it seems to dodgy for my theory to be correct but you never know.

RustPuppet

A new complaint popped up on Hellopeter. This douchecanoe is obviously still running the scam.

:mad:

static_sa

Expert Member
[XC] Oj101;16033692 said:
2x Xeon 6 core @ 4.2 GHz | 48 GB DDR3 | Titan SLI | 1.2 TB SSD | 9.5 TB Mechanical | Be Quiet 1200w | Corsair 800D
Bro... :eek:

rdm

Ask him for his company reg. number and legal accounting address. He should have no issue with that if he is legit.

RustPuppet

Ask him for his company reg. number and legal accounting address. He should have no issue with that if he is legit.
I've asked him for a phone number, address, and the name of his web design company. No reply.