Fake online retailer - help!

skimread

Executive Member
afriguy has PMed me saying he isn't sure how he can contribute. Not even willing to post in this thread. That is why these scammers flourish. Nobody who should give a damn gives a damn

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
afriguy has PMed me saying he isn't sure how he can contribute. Not even willing to post in this thread. That is why these scammers flourish. Nobody who should give a damn gives a damn
I'm happy to post here, however I can't really contribute much.
If domains are registered with us that are conducting elicit activities it's best to report this directly to our Abuse team.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
So you can't escalate to your abuse team in the mean time so that they can investigate?
Of course I can.
Is there a ref# with something that's been logged with our guys?

Just to confirm here, the domain apple-za.com is not registered/ hosted with us.
iwantit.co.za has been registered with us, and suspended accordingly. This suspension was done by our Fraud team on 2015-09-04 16:57:33 for security reasons. I cannot go into further details than this.

skimread

Executive Member
I'm happy to post here, however I can't really contribute much.
If domains are registered with us that are conducting elicit activities it's best to report this directly to our Abuse team.
Thanks for replying.

I understand your view you have to follow the legal process with regard to alleged fraud. However you cannot protect both parties if the person who registered the website has clearly provided fake names. All I want you to admit by looking at the records is to say. Yes we have identified the registration information with Afrihost is fake and we are taking the process further.

The law is clear only two human beings can have a dispute with each other. However this is not the case here. By using obvious as day false information as their name in the whois registration the person who registered that site with you might as well be ghost. He might as well be a blow up doll.
This is as good as you saying someone has to report a blow up doll to your abuse department.

Edit: thanks for the further update

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Thanks for replying.

I understand your view you have to follow the legal process with regard to alleged fraud. However you cannot protect both parties if the person who registered the website has clearly provided fake names. All I want you to admit by looking at the records is to say. Yes we have identified the registration information with Afrihost is fake and we are taking the process further.

The law is clear only two human beings can have a dispute with each other. However this is not the case here. By using obvious as day false information as their name in the whois registration the person who registered that site with you might as well be ghost. He might as well be a blow up doll.
This is as good as you saying someone has to report a blow up doll to your abuse department.

Edit: thanks for the further update
I've posted as much info as I possibly can above.
Our Abuse/ Fraud team is in place to deal with queries exactly like this.

RustPuppet

Thanks for your response, AfriGuy.

I just want to track this scum down so I can get my money back. Is your fraud team able to assist in any way?

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Thanks for your response, AfriGuy.

I just want to track this scum down so I can get my money back. Is your fraud team able to assist in any way?
I'm afraid not, we cannot get involved with disputes like this. I'd strongly suggestion you contact your bank and reverse the transaction/ cancel any cards associated with the seller.

static_sa

Try get him to click on an IP logger through an Email then trace it and make threats.. then again I think that's illegal