False info and lame excuses

Yeb Vas

I have been in contact with Afrihost regarding my Fibre installation request since i have applied with them
The email on order was that i will be contacted within 2 weeks by SADV and a installation will be booked.
Now comes the fun part. I asked on Favebook what the case was (2 weeks after the first email) and i had the answer of:" Hi Francois, I have some news, unfortunately wayleave approval delayed the build. Awaiting DFA build commencement. So at this point we are waiting for them to commence. I know this is taking a while and I do apologize, when it comes to the external side we cannot speed up the process unfortunately.
^Hylton" Funny thing is. ITS A LIE. No call or comms was with Landlord.
So i waited some more and asked again what is happening.. Got this reply: "Good morning Francois, I am so sorry you have not had feedback, our fibre team has sent a request through to SADV for feedback and confirmation on an installation date, I will update you as soon as we have a response from them regarding this. ^Hylton"
Funny enough.. as I contacted Sadv MYSELF and asked whats going on.. I got this reply from them: " Good day Francois,

Thank you for contacting SADV.

Please be advised that from what our Projects Department have updated that Kenmare phase 1 is estimated to be going live on 31/06/2019 and phase 2 on 31/03/2019.

Kenmare is not yet live. I do not know where Afrihost got the information that the site is live."
That LAST centense gave me the last nail in this coffin.

How can you BLATANtLY LIE to your clients? I moved over from another providor with hope that Afrihost is Honest and more on the ball.. CLEARLY NOT!

Hellhound105

Expert Member
I have been in contact with Afrihost regarding my Fibre installation request since i have applied with them
The email on order was that i will be contacted within 2 weeks by SADV and a installation will be booked.
Now comes the fun part. I asked on Favebook what the case was (2 weeks after the first email) and i had the answer of:" Hi Francois, I have some news, unfortunately wayleave approval delayed the build. Awaiting DFA build commencement. So at this point we are waiting for them to commence. I know this is taking a while and I do apologize, when it comes to the external side we cannot speed up the process unfortunately.
So i waited some more and asked again what is happening.. Got this reply: "Good morning Francois, I am so sorry you have not had feedback, our fibre team has sent a request through to SADV for feedback and confirmation on an installation date, I will update you as soon as we have a response from them regarding this. ^Hylton"
Funny enough.. as I contacted Sadv MYSELF and asked whats going on.. I got this reply from them: " Good day Francois,

Please be advised that from what our Projects Department have updated that Kenmare phase 1 is estimated to be going live on 31/06/2019 and phase 2 on 31/03/2019.

Kenmare is not yet live. I do not know where Afrihost got the information that the site is live."

How can you BLATANtLY LIE to your clients? I moved over from another providor with hope that Afrihost is Honest and more on the ball.. CLEARLY NOT!
*When Phase 2 will be started before Phase 1

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

To answer the question of where we get our information, we actually get the information directly from the provider. There is no way to test the area to see if they are live or not. So, we depend on the provider's information. In saying that we aren't perfect and there have been cases where we have made mistakes.

I'm so sorry that you have been struggling, I can see that our Social Media Team has only been trying to help you.

Yeb Vas

To answer the question of where we get our information, we actually get the information directly from the provider. There is no way to test the area to see if they are live or not. So, we depend on the provider's information. In saying that we aren't perfect and there have been cases where we have made mistakes.

I'm so sorry that you have been struggling, I can see that our Social Media Team has only been trying to help you.
WHat they have done is to show how messed up client service is and how lies can be fabricated.. Read agan and see the part :--- Hi Francois, I have some news, unfortunately wayleave approval delayed the build. Awaiting DFA build commencement. So at this point we are waiting for them to commence. I know this is taking a while and I do apologize, when it comes to the external side we cannot speed up the process unfortunately. --

My landlord was NOT contacted . So this was a lie to quickly satisfy and buy more time?

Last edited by a moderator:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
WHat they have done is to show how messed up client service is and how lies can be fabricated.. Read agan and see the part :--- Hi Francois, I have some news, unfortunately wayleave approval delayed the build. Awaiting DFA build commencement. So at this point we are waiting for them to commence. I know this is taking a while and I do apologize, when it comes to the external side we cannot speed up the process unfortunately. --

My landlord was NOT contacted . So this was a lie to quickly satisfy and buy more time?
I am sorry, I might be missing something here, but where did we say that we chatted to your Landlord?

I honestly, don't have all the details regarding your conversation and I am more than willing to help you. However, I don't think it is fair to say that we lied to you in this thread when we don't have access to all the information.

Please send me a PM with your account information. I will trace the conversation and we can see what has happened.