Fashionable to hate DSTV

Monopoly supporter :erm:
Why shouldn't we? There was a time when we called for a Telkom boycott. Didn't materilise with people that would rather support the monopoly than go without some luxuries.
 
Why shouldn't we? There was a time when we called for a Telkom boycott. Didn't materilise with people that would rather support the monopoly than go without some luxuries.

Point me to NAG please, seems TAG worked well when it was present amongst other things here. Before... myadsl became mybroadband.
 
I have full dstv for the kids. They watch cartoons and yet play games on tabs or pc and even consoles more than half the time.
My wife and I barely watch dstv.
Only keep it because of movies. Broadband too slow and decent speeds would be too expensive.
My kids watch Sky's Disney channel and BBC's Cbeebees so they're happy plus netflix has a huge back catalogue of kids shows and movies so when the need arises they're sorted.

BTW the BBC has the right mindset. Not only can they stream it on their ipads but they can download episodes to the device to watch when there's no internet connection - perfect for long trips etc.
 
I have full dstv for the kids. They watch cartoons and yet play games on tabs or pc and even consoles more than half the time.
My wife and I barely watch dstv.
Only keep it because of movies. Broadband too slow and decent speeds would be too expensive.

I don't understand your last point.

If you cancel your dstv you'll have enough for fast internet. Then the kids can watch their cartoons on their ipads.
 
Illegal items tend to be cheaper

Oh trust me I've tried to go semi-legit with Netflix, but the amount of hoops is too much for me and really, it's still "illegal".

I don't watch Sport so DSTV is just a complete ripoff for me, and I hate Adverts, watching reruns, stale content, needing to schedule my life around the tv show, and unable to view the content I want.
Live TV is dumb, I don't want to watch what they give me... I want to watch what I want to watch, when I want.
 
DSTV ugh !

The irritation level is just not worth it.

Until they have volume reduction on their ads I'm well off without it.

HD for sports - whoop whoop. It's the same game in SD, HD is for movies and David Attenborough documentaries.
 
DSTV ugh !

The irritation level is just not worth it.

Until they have volume reduction on their ads I'm well off without it.

HD for sports - whoop whoop. It's the same game in SD, HD is for movies and David Attenborough documentaries.

I don't really see why SD/HD is different for movies and documentaries? Sport is also much better in HD.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X