Fastway Couriers Integration into Woocommerce...help!

oyheyhey

I'm setting up an online store for my retail business and the only thing holding back the launch is setting up the shipping.

I'm currently using Fastway pre-paid satchels for email orders and want to use them for my website, however I can't seem to get the integration right. I bought the Extensionworks plugin and had no luck getting the correct rates even after contacting them.

1. Has anyone had success in setting up Fastway integration into woocommerce?
2. Any suggestions for other plugins or do I have to get developer to build using the API?

Thanks!

Thor

Honorary Master
I'm setting up an online store for my retail business and the only thing holding back the launch is setting up the shipping.

I'm currently using Fastway pre-paid satchels for email orders and want to use them for my website, however I can't seem to get the integration right. I bought the Extensionworks plugin and had no luck getting the correct rates even after contacting them.

1. Has anyone had success in setting up Fastway integration into woocommerce?
2. Any suggestions for other plugins or do I have to get developer to build using the API?

Thanks!

That website looks double dodge!
Why not just contact woocommerce directly?

JFT96

Ecommerce shipping in SA is fubar. Fastway is the only shipping plugin I have not tried and that is purely because of that plugin you're using. That site does not from does not instill even the slightest amount of confidence.

I've also tinkered with this "ecommerce" thing. For those of you thinking about going into it, here's a summary of my plight so far... (slightly unrelated to the post but interesting reading for anyone else who might venture into this rabbit hole)

About 2 months ago, I started out with Aramex, I was told that they have an awesome plugin for all major ecommerce platforms. For the quick win, I tried Shopify. The "plugin" was little more than some dodgy pick up request app developed by Aramex. And then afterwards I found out that for any real time location based shipping calculations on Shopify (such as Fedex / UPS) you need to be on the premium plan costing $299 pm. Not really an option for me.

My second effort was to try Aramex on Woocommerce. Had reports of a great plugin, bought it, installed it... all I get is ERR52. Invalid postal codes. It's probably not developed for the SA market, tried to modify the PHP but since i'm more of a hack than a dev, I wasn't able to get anything working.

3rd time lucky? I wish. Bought a whole new cart from a crowd called Tribulant. Hey these guys got their Aramex plugin working! But the cart is such a piece of crap my products looked so bad they wouldn't need to be shipped anyway.

Back to Woocommerce and this time MDS Collivery.net plugin. So for starters, it works - kind of. The developers of MDS Collivery have by-passed shipping zones so you can't use Woocommerce shipping properly. There are no shipping methods available. What this means is that you only have MDS for shipping, there are no other choices. Local pickup is not possible. Free shipping is not possible. International shipping is not possible. Silly test I tried was to ship something from my address to my address and I would be charged with no other option. So it works because it returns a rate, but nothing else. Great for MDS, bad for my customers.

At this point I'm stuck in ecommerce purgatory. Actually, if there was a hell, configuring shipping on woocommerce would be a fitting punishment for white collar criminals.

I thought I would share this. Just in case there are others out there that think selling online is all Kaching $$$ Kaching.

If anyone has a happy ending to their shipping configuration on Woocommerce, I'd pay to hear it.

JFT96

If there are any experienced PHP / Woocommerce extension developers interested in working with me to develop a solution on this, please PM me. I'll write the spec and compile and gather whatever documentation is required. I can also do whatever testing is required.

It seems there is a viable opportunity here, one that our courier company friends have clearly missed.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Back to Woocommerce and this time MDS Collivery.net plugin. So for starters, it works - kind of. The developers of MDS Collivery have by-passed shipping zones so you can't use Woocommerce shipping properly. There are no shipping methods available. What this means is that you only have MDS for shipping, there are no other choices. Local pickup is not possible. Free shipping is not possible. International shipping is not possible. Silly test I tried was to ship something from my address to my address and I would be charged with no other option. So it works because it returns a rate, but nothing else. Great for MDS, bad for my customers.

That is the only plugin that they seem to maintain. We are 100% Joomla and their plugin is broken on the latest J/Vm versions. I have not tested there Magento plugin…

We have a custom developed Fastway plugin that we use with J/Vm, and are also busy developing an MDS Collivery plugin, but there is an issue as per the above. We also use Fedex with a custom developed plugin.

It is best to have a third-party do a custom integration, in our case it was the proper solution.