Fax to email and Vice-versa

BDG2010

Hi Guys,

Im starting a small business and at the moment i do not have offices and so cannot get a stable fax line in.

Iv been looking at Fax to email, i see alot of companies offer this service free, that makes no sense? Is it some sort of scam?

Is it really that good? I see you pay for outgoing faxes, which is understandable, but still, a free fax line seems hard to believe.

Can anybody recommend any good companies that they perhaps use?

Thanks guys!

Much appreciated!

Rockhound

Hi.
They make their money when people send you faxes.
For example lets say it cost R1.50 per minute to send a fax to a telkom landline.
The cost to send a fax to a 086 fax to e-mail number would be R2.00 per minute.
Thus they make 50c on a fax.
(The amounts are for illustration purposes only. Don't have the exact figures but you get the idea.)

I use http://www.faxfx.net

I have been with them for 4 years and had no problem.

The nice thing is they keep a record of faxes on website.
Ones deleted an e-mail of a fax and a year later I needed it again.
I could log in to website and get it again.

My 2c.
:)

BDG2010

Ah so it really is free, thats so awesome! Thanks for the help! It's much appreciated.

Just a quick one: Is it capable of receiving international faxes??

Also, do you by any chance know how i can get a landline number diverted to my cell, the catch is that i dont have a landline number and cant really get one as im in the process of moving and i dont have offices. Is there a programme i can buy something like that from?

danlr

I think you can get a Skype number which can be diverted to your cell - it will be an 086 number. Don't know if you use Pastel but they offer a service email to fax - I think it is something like R10/month but the fax to email is free.

rward

You'd want to check that ..
I don't think everyone (Telco's) route the 086 numbers correctly and some international carriers may not route to them at all ..
Best to check with whoever you decide to go with..

Rockhound

Have not received any international faxes, so can not answer that.
But with a quick google got this. http://www.megafax.co.za/ (Have not dealt with this company)
NB Specified International faxes can be received on a 0866 number

Also from which international destination will you be receiving faxes?
You can have more than one fax to e-mail number.
One for South Africa, One for UK, One for US, etc.

Don't know if this is an option for you?

BDG2010

Cool, id like a fax that could be used internationally, i'll have a look around.

Thanks for the help guys

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Cool, id like a fax that could be used internationally, i'll have a look around.

Thanks for the help guys

The free (086*) numbers dont allow international, you need to opt for a paid service (the use a normal number). Ive been using these services for 6yrs now.

For outgoing faxes hunt around for a second hand fax machine (thermal paper units in good condition are about R250). I tried an email to fax service but ended up costing R20 per fax, not worth it. You could also just get scanner and email the documents.