Fears the SABC will go offline

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Fears the SABC will go offline

There is uncertainty about a loan guarantee from the government to the SABC despite a meeting between the SABC board and Communications Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams.

This is according to a City Press report, which said the meeting included “inevitable discussions” about fears that the SABC will be forced off air if does not get financial help soon.

MavChat

Expert Member
Who cares if they go dark? Not like they are broadcasting anything worth watching. I have not watched ANY broadcast tv in years.

Fuzzbox

Expert Member
As said previously.
There is nothing at all worth saving.
In this case LOCAL is kak.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

lotus123

Our viewing habits aren't the issue here - this is the ANC's mouthpiece that reaches millions of THEIR voters.

Do you really think they want to lose that? They're going to spend more of your tax money to keep it afloat, no matter what you say or feel.

Johand

Expert Member
Let's cross our fingers that it happens. One of the SOEs have to implode to send a message to the rest... and the SABC is less structurally important than any of the other...

Inyanga

Must agree some of them will have to fail. Country and its taxpayers cannot keep bailing out endless list of them.
Or wait for IMF to close some of them down when the bail out happens.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Let's cross our fingers that it happens. One of the SOEs have to implode to send a message to the rest... and the SABC is less structurally important than any of the other...
It's less important than SAA?

I'd say SAA first then SABC

Better yet, Shoot both at the same time.

konfab

Honorary Master
Who cares if they go dark? Not like they are broadcasting anything worth watching. I have not watched ANY broadcast tv in years.
The black language radio stations are critical for the ANC's mission. Can't have the proles listening to something other than state propaganda