Fiber ISP that does EFT

viper2110

Hi All

Are there any Fiber ISP providers that accept EFT as monthly payment that you would recommend?
I do not want to do debit orders.

Thanks in advance.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
After Vox stuffed up and raided my bank account with no prior warning, I am refusing to accept a DO from them.

I will be paying them for sure - and also getting my banker to reverse any future DOs which pop up on my account.

ryanrich

I pay CISP by credit card each month, can choose debit order or cheque / credit card payment after receiving the invoice.

newby_investor

Expert Member
+1 for Cool Ideas. Afrihost will also allow you to fund your account manually by credit card, I'm not sure about a normal EFT though.

Any specific reason for not wanting to do a debit order?

CPTBoy

Expert Member
I pay my VOX FTTH via EFT each month. I insisted on this when signing up.

viper2110

Thank you for the responses so far.

I contacted WebAfrica via their website contact us form. They phoned me back and said that they do not accept EFT anymore one any of their product anymore. So thay are out.

I have also summit a request via Cool Ideas website regarding EFT but they have not responded to me.
I have hear very good things regarding Cool ideas and would like to join then but the EFT will be a deal breaker.

A friend told me about VCpay. It is a virtual credit card. I had a look and it seems like a lot of people complain that you cannot use it for international payments. This should not be a problem as our ISPs are local.

Thinking of using VCpay as I can then EFT the ISP monthly payment amount to this credit card. If there are any problem with the ISP double billing or other problem that will not affect me as there will only be enough money to cover the monthly charge.
Have anyone else used virtual credit cards to pay their ISP before?

As per the responses in this forum is seems people have mixed feeling regarding Vox.

Are there any other ISP’s you would recommend that work with EFT payment?

newby_investor

Expert Member
Repeat question, is there any specific reason for this requirement? If you share the reasoning behind it, perhaps we could also share some work-arounds which may work for you.

You could always open a Tyme bank account, set up the debit order to that account and then EFT to yourself every month ;-)

viper2110

The problem I have with Debit orders is you are entrusting someone else with your banking details.

I had problems in the past where they double bill you. You then have to contact them and try and sort it out.

I have also had in the past where I have left an ISP and a couple of months later there was a billing error on their side and they debit your account. Then you have again get hold of their support and try to get your money back.

With EFT I can just go into my internet banking and setup a schedule payment. If they increase the monthly fees I can just login and adjust it.

newby_investor

Expert Member
The problem I have with Debit orders is you are entrusting someone else with your banking details.

I had problems in the past where they double bill you. You then have to contact them and try and sort it out.

I have also had in the past where I have left an ISP and a couple of months later there was a billing error on their side and they debit your account. Then you have again get hold of their support and try to get your money back.

With EFT I can just go into my internet banking and setup a schedule payment. If they increase the monthly fees I can just login and adjust it.

In my experience this sort of issue is very rare. But I understand your hesitation.

My previous suggestion is still valid, I think, open yourself a Tyme account and set the debit order up there if the ISP you want to use insists on it. There's no monthly fee, and you can set up a scheduled EFT so that there's exactly the right amount. If they try to debit an empty account it'll just bounce.

Mariuspay

I am with WebAfrica and been paying them month to month with EFT. No problems

rh1

Expert Member
Hello

I am currently paying Cool Ideas via eft.

rh1

Expert Member
I just checked my banking app. You pay a 3rd party "Payfast".