Fibre Issues - 27 Oct 2019

Rustie

I see that Afrihost's network indicator shows that they have fibre issues.
I am trying to connect to wow classic, with no luck.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I see that Afrihost's network indicator shows that they have fibre issues.
I am trying to connect to wow classic, with no luck.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Hi Rustie

I am really sorry about the lack of communication - we're really focussing all our energy into minimising the impact to clients.

At present you should see local services performing close to normal, and we're working on restoring international services.

If your WOW service is international, it may be intermittent for the moment. We hope to have that resolved as soon as humanly possible.

Please rest assured that everything that can be done is being done and no expense is being spared to restore your internet experience to normal :(

Deckert

Indeed, pinged out clean, but since 15:20 things went bad as the DDoS attack(s) began.

Looks like they're slowly starting to mitigate the issue. The above is monitoring Afrihost IP ranges from Xneelo (what a crappy name).

--deckert

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Looks like we are experiencing a renewed attack - we're seeing international performance affected, but we're doing everything possible to contain the impact to clients.

We apologise for the poor experience at this time :(

Linric

@Any Afriman
I posted yesterday that I've been down since Wednesday...routers changed... reconfigured... Afrihost called approximately 6 times. Late LAST summer I already informed Afrihost there may be a problem with the actual TT connect box...we had fibre most of times except for short interruptions...but raised it nonetheless each time. Last call this Friday approximately 5-40pm. I need a technician out here... right now I need my fibre to do my work...to get paid....to supposedly pay the technician. Can anyone help. All fault finding done... just send me someone or sort me out. That's also what you are being paid for!
I need help... WhatsApp call requests not effective...so please no idiotic sarcastic responses from anyone.

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
@Any Afriman
I posted yesterday that I've been down since Wednesday...routers changed... reconfigured... Afrihost called approximately 6 times. Late LAST summer I already informed Afrihost there may be a problem with the actual TT connect box...we had fibre most of times except for short interruptions...but raised it nonetheless each time. Last call this Friday approximately 5-40pm. I need a technician out here... right now I need my fibre to do my work...to get paid....to supposedly pay the technician. Can anyone help. All fault finding done... just send me someone or sort me out. That's also what you are being paid for!
I need help... WhatsApp call requests not effective...so please no idiotic sarcastic responses from anyone.

Saw you post in the Pure Fibre Feedback thread. I am definitely keen to help out - please drop me a PM.