Fibrestream (Pty) Ltd - Shocking service

This is quite untrue. Fibrre stream abuses their mandoarory debit order system. I am taking them to the Credit Ombud. Its finally catching up with these guys. so YES STAY AWAY

Dear Moni G

Fibrestream has always gone above and beyond for there clients, especially when the said client plead to "make a plan" for the connection when it it almost impossible, your link was in that bracket. The technicians had to build a link with 3 hops for you in order to provide connectivity for your home. Planning for something like that is not an easy task.

We are able to supply your home with ease as you are fully aware, however that is not the problem. On completion of the initial installation you called our support centre and advised your link was not working, on our findings you yourself had unplugged your equipment to move it to another part of your home. Our team had to reinstall the equipment thus incurring a call out fee which you agreed to.

Based on the feedback on your support tickets and screenshots you were gaming on international servers in the evening and as you were advised this will simulated a high ping. Another exercise our support staff were trying to do with you is run a speedtest from a computer or laptop while cabled directly to your dish. Running a speedtest from your Playstation connecting via wireless will not be accurate. Jobcards and speedtests from the vairus technicans at your home will indicate a full 10-15Mb. Very accurate and monitoring tool can also indicate excesive use on your line.

The last and most important item is you went on holiday abroad and failed to pay your account, this resulted in a suspension. On your return you were advised of this and yet still no payment. your father called the director and pleaded to have the amount discounted to which he agreed and still no payment.

As the accounts staff, the sales staff, the support staff and the cancellation staff have clearly advised - The account is in arrears. Please contact cancellations@fibrestream.co.za in order to resolve any confusion.

We are happy to share the results should you wish

Yes these guys are also ignoring that I cancelled my contract with them - I was not in any way confusing when I did so. They are billing me month after month, have listed me as a defaulter (I am in process of getting that removed) and trying to debit my account which I have to keep reversing. My bank is not amused with them either so we are now going to their bank to report their abuse of the payment systems. Wesley is unpleasant and our community does not need business practices like this.

So sorry to hear. Good luck with your claim, please keep us updated. I will check in regularly - power to you Mr. Farrell.

Slaught3r

Expert Member
Yes these guys are also ignoring that I cancelled my contract with them - I was not in any way confusing when I did so. They are billing me month after month, have listed me as a defaulter (I am in process of getting that removed) and trying to debit my account which I have to keep reversing. My bank is not amused with them either so we are now going to their bank to report their abuse of the payment systems. Wesley is unpleasant and our community does not need business practices like this.
It's shocking how many people are coming out of the woodwork about this. I can't believe these guys have not been taken to some kind of authority (ASA? ICASA?) to have their license revoked. Good luck to you - I hope you get it resolved soonest.

I feel for some of the employees of these kinds of companies - but they are enabling then, I suppose...

ld13

Honorary Master
Thought as much. @Moni_G93 I do not see any mention of the 5mbps product being offered at a 1:1 contention?
@Moni_G93 I am in possession of a quote that clearly shows WHU10MB1:1 - Wireless Uncapped 10Mb/s:
1to1.png

Looking at the quote the WHU10MB1:1 seems to be more of a SKU/"model number" and I suspect that this was probably just an error. In newer quotes the 1:1 reference completely disappears and is replaced with WU10MB.

Nightwing

Hi Id13, I understand what you are referring to however this causes a misconception and the client should not be punished for it. As such that would not be fair to the client in addition the fact that they do not abide by the CPA is of a far bigger concern in addition, as you have pointed out, they advertise their prices ex vat and continue to do so.
@ Slaught3r Icasa does not care they send you to the NCC who then refers you to the Consumer goods Ombud.

As far as I am aware there is actually a group of people from the alberton whatsapp group who is forming a class action like movement against them.