Finchoice & Capfin loans I never registered for

Jabulani9780

Good evening all, I trust you are well this evening.

Today I received two mails from Finchoice & Capfin. Both of them say I owe R1 164.40 & R1 064.40 respectively.

To give you an idea of where my frustration stems from, I have never in my life applied for a loan from anyone not even the banks. So it comes as a surprise, and with great frustration that I receive two letters from these companies demanding that I pay back the specified amounts to them. At one point I was thinking of paying the loans back and get over it but what happens if this occurs again ?

I have two questions, the first is how do you guys think that this could have occurred and will I be able to dispute these claims made against me ? If so what could be the best possible route to doing so.

To give you a bit more context, I also had a look at my credit reports from various sites such as ClearScore, CreditExpert and Direct Axis Pulse and none of them mention a loan being processed under my ID. I also had at a look at Capfins website and it says I don't owe anything, rather that there is no record of a user with my ID.

So I'm pretty much confused. If anyone could provide any assistance with this, it would be much appreciated.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Ignore and delete , scammers trying to gain information.

//Right click on the emails and check the path of the mail under properties, you will often find other or secondary Email adresses in the paths that indicate scams.

t_girl

Good evening all, I trust you are well this evening.

Today I received two mails from Finchoice & Capfin. Both of them say I owe R1 164.40 & R1 064.40 respectively.

To give you an idea of where my frustration stems from, I have never in my life applied for a loan from anyone not even the banks. So it comes as a surprise, and with great frustration that I receive two letters from these companies demanding that I pay back the specified amounts to them. At one point I was thinking of paying the loans back and get over it but what happens if this occurs again ?

I have two questions, the first is how do you guys think that this could have occurred and will I be able to dispute these claims made against me ? If so what could be the best possible route to doing so.

To give you a bit more context, I also had a look at my credit reports from various sites such as ClearScore, CreditExpert and Direct Axis Pulse and none of them mention a loan being processed under my ID. I also had at a look at Capfins website and it says I don't owe anything, rather that there is no record of a user with my ID.

So I'm pretty much confused. If anyone could provide any assistance with this, it would be much appreciated.

Could be someone used your address when taking out the loans. Are the letters addressed to you personally - as in your name appears on the letters? If so, and the companies say you don't appear on their systems, then it sounds like a scam. You could forward the letters to those companies so they know there's such a scam going around. Or you could just ignore it completely.

Jabulani9780

Could be someone used your address when taking out the loans. Are the letters addressed to you personally - as in your name appears on the letters? If so, and the companies say you don't appear on their systems, then it sounds like a scam. You could forward the letters to those companies so they know there's such a scam going around. Or you could just ignore it completely.

I'm planning on calling the respective companies to confirm this but to answer your question, yes. My name and initials appear on the letter. It seems very specific but like I mentioned no record exists of me ever requesting a loan from the companies. So it's most likely a scam