Firefox 44 is here

kianm

Honorary Master
The constant crashing is a pain though, i doubt much has changed with this version. Both the desktop and mobile versions crash a lot more than other browsers. I have switched to my mobile's default factory browser for now

McT

The Humble Scot!
Using FF44 and there absolutely nothing new or different to previous versions.

cpu.

Expert Member
The constant crashing is a pain though, i doubt much has changed with this version. Both the desktop and mobile versions crash a lot more than other browsers. I have switched to my mobile's default factory browser for now
What do you do to make it crash?

Mine never does on Linux and Android. I use it exclusively on a cheap Alcatel Pixi 2 (work) phone, 2 tablets and Galaxy S2 daily. No crashing.

kianm

Honorary Master
What do you do to make it crash?

Mine never does on Linux and Android. I use it exclusively on a cheap Alcatel Pixi 2 (work) phone, 2 tablets and Galaxy S2 daily. No crashing.
Nothing special I just browse the internet and it crashes both mobile & desktop

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I wonder if browser developers are just going to carry on incrementing by one on each version. At some point trying to market your browser is going to get tough - Firefox version 12993 now available!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Sounds like you have a faulty extension. Firefox hasn't crashed on me in years.

Drunkard #1

Expert Member
Firefox is up to ****. Corrupts it's cache regularly, crashes the display driver (sometimes 20 times a day, till I disabled hardware acceleration), can't run flash properly, hogs resources, changes UI too often and without an easy way to restore it... It's a long list and version 44 has fixed nothing.

I think it's time for me to make the slow, painful move to a new browser.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Firefox is up to ****. Corrupts it's cache regularly, crashes the display driver (sometimes 20 times a day, till I disabled hardware acceleration), can't run flash properly, hogs resources, changes UI too often and without an easy way to restore it... It's a long list and version 44 has fixed nothing.

I think it's time for me to make the slow, painful move to a new browser.
Running both Chrome and Firefox on my machine here, Chrome uses more memory on average and has crashed my display driver twice. Firefox hasn't crashed it yet.
Can't comment on Flash, haven't installed it on a machine in years.

Hope your move to a new browser works out well.

biometrics

Honorary Master
I think I've had many two FF crashes the past 12 months. Working well for me. Been using it for more than a decade.