Fix IE6 bugs with this reference

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
=Godsend

Thank you a thousand times.

Oh, wait, scratch that - there's no need.

No, still, thanks....

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
or, just upgrade to firefox :)
Have you had much experience in the corporate world of intranet-based applications? Many, many, MANY businesses stick to what they know - Windows XP with IE6. They refuse to upgrade the computers and even DOWNGRADE newer computers to run the same software, just because some legacy applications that they invested millions in refuse to work in browsers other than IE6. So no, upgrading to FF is not the answer...

Raithlin

Expert Member
Someone a little angry this morning? ;) He's right though. My employer only moved to IE7 as a standard last year... It generally takes a year or two for a big company to complete testing new software.

SilverNodashi

Expert Member
don't you (as IT guy / developer / support engineer / etc) have a say in this? Generally, I recommend to clients to upgrade to at least IE7, or FF if they have the slightest bit of problems with anything. But, I suppose clients, and powers-to-be differ in this regard :)

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
Someone a little angry this morning? ;) He's right though. My employer only moved to IE7 as a standard last year... It generally takes a year or two for a big company to complete testing new software.
Not angry, just %&*%&%&$ sick! :sick:

guest2013-1

Running internet explorer 8, I noticed the height 100% issue still not fixed.

It displays perfectly, but as soon as you click within the "body" it reverts to it's IE6 counterpart's shena****ns.

What's even more frustrating is, both html and body is defined height 100% and then when I apply that to the table as well (style) then it's just a big "**** you"

Raithlin

Expert Member
don't you (as IT guy / developer / support engineer / etc) have a say in this? Generally, I recommend to clients to upgrade to at least IE7, or FF if they have the slightest bit of problems with anything. But, I suppose clients, and powers-to-be differ in this regard :)
No, this is an multi-national with HO in Germany. I take it you deal with small clients?
Running internet explorer 8, I noticed the height 100% issue still not fixed.

It displays perfectly, but as soon as you click within the "body" it reverts to it's IE6 counterpart's shena****ns.

What's even more frustrating is, both html and body is defined height 100% and then when I apply that to the table as well (style) then it's just a big "**** you"
You running in compatibility mode?

guest2013-1

No, this is an multi-national with HO in Germany. I take it you deal with small clients?
You running in compatibility mode?
No, I'm not. Compatibility mode screwed things up even worse. I'm now at a point where everything *looks* and works the same, IE6/7 and 8 including FF

Height is still an issue (in all 3 browsers now) but at least I have consistency...

guest2013-1

Scratch that, all of them now does 100% height, but for some reason IE (in all versions) will give 100% height to the one image I use in the background, so does a scroll bar

**** it, I'm happy it looks okay so the client just has to be happy too