Flight Simulator 2019

gamer16

Executive Member
Thats probably the stock 747 though - its beyond horrible. Granted, there isn't a premium alternative available. But I found some of the other aircraft did feel better. But, not being a real pilot, my opinion actually means nothing in that regard
I experienced that even with addon aircraft, there is no delay in the movement of control surfaces and their effect is extremely violent. That put me off it and I stuck with P3D, although I haven't really had a hard look to see if its something one can change.

namzsteve

Expert Member
I flew a real plane when I was 16. Only flight sim experience and my friend 17. With his ppl next to me.

You'll be able to take off, manoeuvre in the air and maybe even land if you're patient. Feeling the plane is a bit different as first timers tend to grab the yoke while you actually fly small props with a very slight grip to feel what the air is doing. If you know VOR and the transponder frequencies stuff you might even professionally navigate.

Flight sims don't really go through check sheets and stuff so you won't follow proper procedure based on only flight sim knowledge.

A airliner. You'll be able to again turn and do the things, there's a lot of differences between them but in the air it's still a yoke or stick, rudder pedals and a throttle. But I doubt anyone with just flight sim experience will be able to even start one.
I think Flight Sim is a good start for some base knowledge. I definitely would know a lot of what is happening, but ja will definitely also need some people for the proper directions!

bluepoole

Yes oh yes. This is amazing news. Hopefully it won't be a port or rehash of FSX code which is really beyond its sell by date. I'm also hoping for real time integration to real world satellite imagery of the entire globe without any add-ons required. It is possible since Microsoft run bing maps.
It can't be a rehash of FSX code, since Microsoft has sold the code to Lockheed which continues to use it for Prepar3d.

So this will be a brand new development, should be interesting.

bluepoole

here is my next question,
with playing FSX for so long, do you think you'd be able to take control of a real plane?
It depends, but it is definitely possible. I've been playing Flight Simulator for many years, and FSX specifically for the last 6 years, and it has taught me a lot. I sometimes fly with friends who are real life pilots, and they often give me the stick (it is on light aircraft i.e. Cessna 172, though). I don't do take-offs or landings obviously, but general flying once up in the air. I don't perform too bad at all, since I've learned and understand most of the basic controls and instruments.

bluepoole

But I doubt anyone with just flight sim experience will be able to even start one.
Quite the contrary...the PMDG 737 add-on is very realistic. If you can start that one up in FSX, you will actually be able to start up a real 737 - one of my best friends is a first officer with Comair and he confirmed this.

gamer16

Executive Member
Quite the contrary...the PMDG 737 add-on is very realistic. If you can start that one up in FSX, you will actually be able to start up a real 737 - one of my best friends is a first officer with Comair and he confirmed this.
They tend to be very good yeah, cant remember who made it but the Harvard I have in P3D is a difficult bugger to start and even more so to get the best out of it in flight, you have to constantly manage and be smooth and gentle with it.