FNB Banking App on iPhone

Louis72

That's my thinking too. I've responded to them and told them the latest so let's see what they have to say. I'm fairly sure it isn't a problem with RSAWeb.

Nope, no connection with our accounts at all.
Well you know the apps/banks that were given as examples earlier at post #6 support account creation in minutes on the app ;)
Would be interesting to hear if you find the solution what the problem could have been. Do share.

Dames

Well you know the apps/banks that were given as examples earlier at post #6 support account creation in minutes on the app ;)
Would be interesting to hear if you find the solution what the problem could have been. Do share.
FINALLY got sorted this morning. I wish I was able to tell you exactly what the issue was, but I just don't know. It was something to do with my profile on FNB's side - and because my SO's account was opened as a spousal account (I had forgotten about that) it somehow had replicated on hers as well. Anyway, they made some change on their end and suddenly all works fine for both of us!

Louis72

FINALLY got sorted this morning. I wish I was able to tell you exactly what the issue was, but I just don't know. It was something to do with my profile on FNB's side - and because my SO's account was opened as a spousal account (I had forgotten about that) it somehow had replicated on hers as well. Anyway, they made some change on their end and suddenly all works fine for both of us!
That's what I was thinking. Strange how a config bug just comes in without you modifying or changing anything?

Dames

That's what I was thinking. Strange how a config bug just comes in without you modifying or changing anything?
Agreed... I had another issue last month too where there was a new Credit Card randomly ordered for me for no reason. I didn't order it, my current one isn't expiring, just suddenly out of the blue my phone rings "CCD couriers on behalf of FNB to deliver your new CC". When I asked FNB they said they don't know how it happened but it's clearly a system error/bug and they've escalated for investigation. Strange stuff going on there at the moment.

hullabaloo

I've been experiencing trouble logging into the banking app over Wifi - my partner has the same issue. The app screen goes cloudy, as if it is loading, but then suddenly just stops and re-loads the home screen. If I turn off Wifi and use my data then I login with no trouble at all...

I thought this might be related to my ISP somehow, but I switched over to a new provider as of today and it's still giving the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I’ve been having the same issue with my DSL connection. Been toggling off my WiFi before opening up the app by force of habit.

Louis72

Agreed... I had another issue last month too where there was a new Credit Card randomly ordered for me for no reason. I didn't order it, my current one isn't expiring, just suddenly out of the blue my phone rings "CCD couriers on behalf of FNB to deliver your new CC". When I asked FNB they said they don't know how it happened but it's clearly a system error/bug and they've escalated for investigation. Strange stuff going on there at the moment.
I’ve been having the same issue with my DSL connection. Been toggling off my WiFi before opening up the app by force of habit.
Sounds pretty terrible guys! And on that Same DSL connection does the website work fine?To sign in and access?

My SO used to be with them in 2019.
The two biggest issues she experienced was random Declined debit card transactions for no reason and to make it worse getting charged a decline fee! :mad: Yet she had ample funds available.

When she opened a Gold cheque account got a new card and the system decided to charge her a card replacement fee of R99 for no reason?
Transaction notification delays where another common issue. The app being very slow or offline frequently.

She had enough of it by September last year and now pay less per month even with a credit card added.

Dames

Sounds pretty terrible guys! And on that Same DSL connection does the website work fine?To sign in and access?

The two biggest issues she experienced was random Declined debit card transactions for no reason and to make it worse getting charged a decline fee! :mad: Yet she had ample funds available.

When she opened a Gold cheque account got a new card and the system decided to charge her a card replacement fee of R99 for no reason?
Transaction notification delays where another common issue. The app being very slow or offline frequently.

She had enough of it by September last year and now pay less per month even with a credit card added.
Who is she banking with now?

Louis72

Who is she banking with now?
Moved over to Absa. Flexi product line with CC was slightly less than just a Gold cheque Acc from FNB p/m. It was a no brainer.
Way more ATM’s so thats also a perk for her.

hullabaloo

Website works fine, yes, if not a bit slow.

Funny enough I moved over from Absa last year because they refused to lower my CC interest rate. I’ve also found eBucks to be way more rewarding for me, plus there is no monthly fee. You’re absolutely right about the ATMs, but I only draw cash probably once a year if not less.

Nemus

Expert Member
Working great on my phone.. iOS 13.4.1.
FNB App version 5.8.3-32

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
I've been experiencing trouble logging into the banking app over Wifi - my partner has the same issue. The app screen goes cloudy, as if it is loading, but then suddenly just stops and re-loads the home screen. If I turn off Wifi and use my data then I login with no trouble at all...

I thought this might be related to my ISP somehow, but I switched over to a new provider as of today and it's still giving the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Oh yes, I experience every once in a while, the FNB App is a mess to be honest.

Then every now and again in certain sections of the app you get thrown out e.g. in My Investments section I am sometimes not able to access my Share Portfolio I just get kicked out the app, then I try 30mins later and it is working fine. Sometimes I try put in a Trade and it keeps showing invalid amount then I comeback later and the same amount works now.

Very odd things going on with this app.