FNB debit orders going off early this month?

I' m also with FNB, no early debit orders. Whereas with STD Bank, that was a whole different story.
 
It sounds like it's debit orders from FNB itself.

Well, 8 debit orders, not affected as I didnt replied to the sms confirmation.

Clients forget something big: FNB wont just do as they please.

Ask them for confirmation to accept early debit order processing
 
Last edited:
With endless communication, who is to blame?
I'm not complaining about it as it doesn't bother me, but I had zero communication about it. Last December they didn't debit for the loan at all with their payment break option, so it was the first time I noticed the two debits go off within 6 days of each other. I thought it was a mistake and contacted them and that was the first time I heard of the early debit orders during December.
 
I'm not complaining about it as it doesn't bother me, but I had zero communication about it. Last December they didn't debit for the loan at all with their payment break option, so it was the first time I noticed the two debits go off within 6 days of each other. I thought it was a mistake and contacted them and that was the first time I heard of the early debit orders during December.

1. Ask for confirmation
2. Read your contract (lol).
3. Use the mobile app to track future debit orders
 
What must he confirm if he does not get the SMS? And they will do as they please.

BS sorry ! The bank wont do as they please. If so, ombudsman please (which will cost the bank with every application), without 1 word spoke !

Get in contact with the bank, and ask where did you say "YES". If not, rip the bank apart at the ombudsman

Do what NAV did, asking R110 000 000 in compensation !
 
Just remember if it's a NAEDO debit, it WILL go off as soon as money hits your account.
 
BS sorry ! The bank wont do as they please. If so, ombudsman please (which will cost the bank with every application), without 1 word spoke !

Get in contact with the bank, and ask where did you say "YES". If not, rip the bank apart at the ombudsman

Do what NAV did, asking R110 000 000 in compensation !

So what did the SMS state? Can anyone quote it?
 
Just remember if it's a NAEDO debit, it WILL go off as soon as money hits your account.

I have a bunch of NAEDO DO's (not one single one processed before the time). This is a yearly thing, and I am banking with FNB for 4 decades now.

Again, the bank wont process anything without approved consent from the client
 
So what did the SMS state? Can anyone quote it?

I deleted it, but it short said "if you want your debit orders to be processed earlier, reply to this message".

I recall earlier in the thread clients said its way past FNB and 3rd party providers also (who requested it).
 
BS sorry ! The bank wont do as they please. If so, ombudsman please (which will cost the bank with every application), without 1 word spoke !

Get in contact with the bank, and ask where did you say "YES". If not, rip the bank apart at the ombudsman

Do what NAV did, asking R110 000 000 in compensation !


Dissatisfied account holders argue that the opt-out method used by banks is a way of shifting responsibility.

In some instances, account holders are informed of the change and, if unhappy with the new date, are required to notify the bank. If the financial service provider does not receive an objection, the debit order will be processed according to the new date stipulated in the notification.

But challenging this has proven difficult for many clients, especially when the notifications have been received just a day or two before the debit order is due to be actioned.

Both Nedbank and FNB have, in reply to criticism on social media, confirmed that responses to early debit notifications are required.

See, it required you to opt out of the early debit order, not to opt in. And maybe yours was different, maybe they don't handle all clients the same.
 
Let me ask this rather, lets see how good you know the system :

Normal Debit orders for the 1st Jan 2021, on the FNB platform, when will it be processed ?
 



See, it required you to opt out of the early debit order, not to opt in.

It boils down to (how good do you know the system).

I personally never had this ISSUE ever !

"Where we have contractually agreed with a customer to align their debit order date to their salary date"

AGAIN, The bank will need to proof that you SAID YES or NO ! They wont just do anything without your knowledge
 
Let me ask this rather, lets see how good you know the system :

Normal Debit orders for the 1st Jan 2021, on the FNB platform, when will it be processed ?
It depends on the creditors. They are the ones who process thebatches and state the action date. The banks don't determine that unless they are the creditors, eg for bonds, etc.
 
It depends on the creditors. They are the ones who process thebatches and state the action date. The banks don't determine that unless they are the creditors, eg for bonds, etc.

What I am trying to say, get to learn the bank processes (3rd party debit order pulling) rather to moan about stuff.
 
So what did the SMS state? Can anyone quote it?
My SMS and Notification on the App said " " <- Oh that's right... I never got any. I actually went back and checked both of them now as zerocool2009 seems pretty adamant about it ;) Also checking the contract now and the only mention of December is the option of the payment break option that you can opt-out of. They do state that if the debit date is on a weekend or bank holiday they will try to debit on the first working day after it.
 
I usually do get an SMS every year which I decline. This year I got nothing. My salary only comes through on the 31st but the DO went off on the 14th as there was money in the account. I do think that there's a batch of customers who didn't get the sms's. Our bad luck I guess.
 
My SMS and Notification on the App said " " <- Oh that's right... I never got any. I actually went back and checked both of them now as zerocool2009 seems pretty adamant about it ;) Also checking the contract now and the only mention of December is the option of the payment break option that you can opt-out of. They do state that if the debit date is on a weekend or bank holiday they will try to debit on the first working day after it.

I usually do get an SMS every year which I decline. This year I got nothing. My salary only comes through on the 31st but the DO went off on the 14th as there was money in the account. I do think that there's a batch of customers who didn't get the sms's. Our bad luck I guess.

I'm sure zerocool2009 will explain to us why you didn't get it, since he knows the system fully.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X