FNB debit orders going off early this month?

I usually do get an SMS every year which I decline. This year I got nothing. My salary only comes through on the 31st but the DO went off on the 14th as there was money in the account. I do think that there's a batch of customers who didn't get the sms's. Our bad luck I guess.

Surely fnb will compensate you with a voucher!
 
My SMS and Notification on the App said " " QUOTE]

Again.... the bank WONT do anything without your consent. If they do, big trouble for them. So if you are unhappy about something snd the bank cant explain or proof facts.... go higher levels up with your complaint.
 
I quickly had a chat with FNB powers with this topic

Lol, alot of clients have a bad history! So fnb aint burning their fingers.
 
I quickly had a chat with FNB powers with this topic

Lol, alot of clients have a bad history! So fnb aint burning their fingers.
I've never missed a payment in my life, never had a bounced debit order and have a credit score in the excellent dark green band on their own App. But this thread and the fact that you spoke to the FNB powers and that was their reply is now leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. My new year's resolution now is to move away from them completely.
 
I've never missed a payment in my life, never had a bounced debit order and have a credit score in the excellent dark green band on their own App. But this thread and the fact that you spoke to the FNB powers and that was their reply is now leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. My new year's resolution now is to move away from them completely.

Ja, and maybe he should ask the powers if the SMS was opt out of early debit opt in or early debit opt out or both types were sent out to different sets of clients?
 
I quickly had a chat with FNB powers with this topic

Lol, alot of clients have a bad history! So fnb aint burning their fingers.
This is a shocking response I must say. My credit rating is also in the dark green and I have never missed a single payment on any of my accounts. I'm very disappointed that this is the response they would give.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wut
This is a shocking response I must say. My credit rating is also in the dark green and I have never missed a single payment on any of my accounts. I'm very disappointed that this is the response they would give.

Whats shocking. If you aint happy, switch banks!

Really, look at all the tantrums with statements being stopped. Adapt
 
meh, so I just transferred money into my ABSA current account and see that the debit orders that is suppose to go of today, has already gone of and have been returned unpaid. Slightly pissed off, I wonder if ABSA does this to generate unpaid debit fees?
 
meh, so I just transferred money into my ABSA current account and see that the debit orders that is suppose to go of today, has already gone of and have been returned unpaid. Slightly pissed off, I wonder if ABSA does this to generate unpaid debit fees?

When did they go off? Is your debit order date for the 2nd? How much do they charge for a returned debit order?

Still waiting for some of my debit orders to go off, who knows when that will happen.
 
When did they go off? Is your debit order date for the 2nd?

Still waiting for some of my debit orders to go off, who knows when that will happen.

If its fnb ones for the 1st, it will be process tonight after 12am

If its for the 3rd, it will go off Tuesday morning
 
When did they go off? Is your debit order date for the 2nd? How much do they charge for a returned debit order?

Still waiting for some of my debit orders to go off, who knows when that will happen.

And ps, thought you never believed in debit orders. Glad you have some to make your life easier
 
When did they go off? Is your debit order date for the 2nd? How much do they charge for a returned debit order?

Still waiting for some of my debit orders to go off, who knows when that will happen.
The 1st of the Month, if it as public holiday then the next "banking" day.
 
You must have me confused with someone else, good luck finding any post where I said anything along that line.

Your FNB easy account with zero debit orders from (2016). Ring bells now.

Or rather, zero debit orders with FNB, maybe with capitec
 
Well emptied out all my FNB accounts this weekend and have officially put in requests to the places that debit my account to use the new banking details. Thanks zerocool2009 for showing us what an absolute bunch of twats the FNB powers are. I will go into my local branch when they open to properly close the accounts and see if I can speed up the transfers from my notice and investment accounts without too heavy a penalty.
 
Well emptied out all my FNB accounts this weekend and have officially put in requests to the places that debit my account to use the new banking details. Thanks zerocool2009 for showing us what an absolute bunch of twats the FNB powers are. I will go into my local branch when they open to properly close the accounts and see if I can speed up the transfers from my notice and investment accounts without too heavy a penalty.

Ag no seriously. Email [email protected]

Just ask to close accounts. Its as simple as that. Save your time and fuel.

I am sure you have the fnb app. For scheduled debit orders, just look in Nav money
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X