FNB Global Account Card

chets

I have just applied for the FNB Global card as I will be going to the UK in August. My plan is to pay pounds sterling in every month so I can use the card to draw cash and make purchases while I am there. Does any one know what charges I can expect for using this card. Or am I better off just using my FNB debit card?

signates

Executive Member
I have just applied for the FNB Global card as I will be going to the UK in August. My plan is to pay pounds sterling in every month so I can use the card to draw cash and make purchases while I am there. Does any one know what charges I can expect for using this card. Or am I better off just using my FNB debit card?
No charges for swiping or cash withdrawals so far. My wife is in the UK now and using her global card.

jvrs

I guess no ebucks while using global acc card abroad?

Am I correct in saying you would loose if you used credit card abroad paying 2.2% fees getting ebucks on level 5?

Salmank

When transferring funds from a cheque account to a global account, how long does it take to reflect?

I transferred on Friday morn, and nothing reflecting as yet

signates

Executive Member
When transferring funds from a cheque account to a global account, how long does it take to reflect?

Public Holidays and weekends weekdays the process.

It's normally in the next day if its on a working day.

jvrs

Public Holidays and weekends weekdays the process.

It's normally in the next day if its on a working day.
Signates, mind looking at my post before this one, I am a bit dumb with this :(

Drifter

Honorary Master

I just did a transfer and it reflected the moment I hit submit. Weekends and P/H slow it down.

signates

Executive Member
I guess no ebucks while using global acc card abroad?

Am I correct in saying you would loose if you used credit card abroad paying 2.2% fees getting ebucks on level 5?
Not sure how ebucks is affected by this.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
I just did a transfer and it reflected the moment I hit submit. Weekends and P/H slow it down.
Same here. Transfers to the USD account and out of the USD account is almost instantaneously in work hours. Nothing happens over weekends, after hours or on public holidays though.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member

If you transferred on a public holiday, after hours or on weekends, it will only reflect on the first working day. So, it should show this morning. Try doing this in working hours, it should happen instantaneously.

Nimz

Expert Member
What are the monthly or once off fees for this account?

Also what is the minimum deposit amount or time to prevent it from being closed?

I'm travelling at the end of the year or early next year, so this could come in handy depending on the fees

Drifter

Honorary Master
No fees, no minimum. you must just make sure there is monthly movement on the card.