FNB Instant Accounting

Subways81

Is there any way to delete an invoice? I created one with I correct info and now can't delete it.
The other option would be to delete my entire company profile and start from scratch but I can't find a way to do this either.
Just credit the invoice and carry on. IA is great for the price :)

redarrow

Expert Member
Does anyone know how to unregister from FNB IA?
I signed into it just to see how it works, and for like a year now I've been receiving an "instant accounting scheduled report" via email every couple of weeks.

I've logged in several times since then but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to unregister or cancel it.. am I missing something obvious? :eek:

Subways81

Does anyone know how to unregister from FNB IA?
I signed into it just to see how it works, and for like a year now I've been receiving an "instant accounting scheduled report" via email every couple of weeks.

I've logged in several times since then but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to unregister or cancel it.. am I missing something obvious? :eek:
Log into IA, click on Reports and check the schedules. You can then set, change or remove schedules for IA reports.

redarrow

Expert Member
Log into IA, click on Reports and check the schedules. You can then set, change or remove schedules for IA reports.
I did that before.. Didn't seem to stop the reports.

Logged in now and I can't find anymore schedules setup.. :/

Subways81

I did that before.. Didn't seem to stop the reports.

Logged in now and I can't find anymore schedules setup.. :/
Ring IA on 0860 222 255. I think they only operate during normal working hours but the support Ive had from them so far has been pretty good. Im sure they will be able to help you out.

MyDraadloos

Expert Member
Hi all, I am thinking of moving my business account to FNB and IA looked like an interesting feature.

Is the Instant Accounting service stable?
Can the system to quotes and invoices ?
Can you convert a quote to an invoice?
Can you print documents to PDF printer?

Just some basic things that I need to be able to do.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Interesting quirk I found today. When you create a Partner - Supplier you have the option of ticking that they are VAT registered, and you can enter in their VAT number.

I then went on to create a purchase invoice and it turns out that if your company is not VAT registered then you CANNOT select VAT on the line items for capturing, even though its for a purchase that you are paying VAT on.
If you're not VAT registered then you're supposed to expense the entire incl VAT amount in your books (i.e. all of it goes to the expense account and not to a VAT account). Haven't seen what this FNB package thing does, but thats how things should be.

Subways81

Hi all, I am thinking of moving my business account to FNB and IA looked like an interesting feature.

Is the Instant Accounting service stable? - Yup, Theres been a few hiccoughs but ive not lost any data and have been using it for 3 years now.
Can the system to quotes and invoices ? - Yes
Can you convert a quote to an invoice? - Yes
Can you print documents to PDF printer? - Yes

Just some basic things that I need to be able to do.

Subways81

The only feature I'd say is missing is inventory control. Otherwise you get a pretty full featured acco suite and Payroll is a big bonus.

Bernie

Expert Member
Have the latest updates affected anyone adversely. I am now finding that the 'Enter' key no longer works when capturing text in a text box, like for addresses etc. Even in the complaint message I was sending them it doesn't work.

Also the partner look ups have all changed, before when allocating a receipt to a customer, I could enter the first 2 or three letters and the name would appear from which I can select, now you have to open up a huge look up list and select from there. But this doesn't even work, once you do find the partner, and select it it doesn't return open invoices for that partner.

Everything was working 100% before the latest updates - well for me that is. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

Subways81

The partner look up still works for me (using google chrome).

I must say, I preferred the old method of selecting ledgers when creating invoices and such, but im getting used to the new "look up" method.

So far, bar the changes, everything seems to be working as expected.

Bernie

Expert Member
The partner look up still works for me (using google chrome).

I must say, I preferred the old method of selecting ledgers when creating invoices and such, but im getting used to the new "look up" method.

So far, bar the changes, everything seems to be working as expected.
I am also using chrome, tried IE as well it was the same thing, I think I must maybe try another PC.

Thanks

Esdri

Has anyone tried to use the class function to tag expenses eg per project, areas etc?
See report "Income & Expenses by class".