FNB launches app for tablets

leontjie

Does the Samsung note 2 count towards being a tablet or a phone to be able to use this app?

MongooseMan

Expert Member
Just a warning:
The iPad app does not seem to be as secure as the iPhone version.
Using the iPhone app, minimizing, then re-opening the app, would cause you to need to log in again.
Using the iPad app, minimizing, then re-opening the app allows you full access, provided the time difference is less than ~5 minutes.

So, if someone were to pick up your ipad just after you close the app, they could have some fun with your bank accounts.

Hopefully they fix this soon (it's a 1-liner in a config file to make it behave like the iPhone app).

bwana

MyBroadband
Just a warning:
The iPad app does not seem to be as secure as the iPhone version.
Using the iPhone app, minimizing, then re-opening the app, would cause you to need to log in again.
Using the iPad app, minimizing, then re-opening the app allows you full access, provided the time difference is less than ~5 minutes.

So, if someone were to pick up your ipad just after you close the app, they could have some fun with your bank accounts.

Hopefully they fix this soon (it's a 1-liner in a config file to make it behave like the iPhone app).
I noticed that as well. You need to log off manually. :eek:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Yay! They listened (only took them almost a year but YAY!)

/me downloads

F

Fudzy

Does the app still require an OTP when adding beneficiaries or doing prepaid payments?

Friedpet

How is this app different form the FNB app I have installed on my tablet?? :wtf:

F

Fudzy

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000)
The version you're currently using probably doesn't make use of the screen space as well as the tablet version. I know on my iPad the iPhone version is very big on the screen. The tablet version makes better use of the space.

Friedpet

The version you're currently using probably doesn't make use of the screen space as well as the tablet version. I know on my iPad the iPhone version is very big on the screen. The tablet version makes better use of the space.
Thank you. Will give this a try tomorrow:)