cozinsky

Expert Member
I just saw it on the internet for R399 so whoever wants to order it go for it. I must say the specs look impressive.

BBSA

Honorary Master
To late now. I already got mine from the devil....... Vodacom

TimTDP

Expert Member
But they don't show the specs!
is it:
wi-fi only or incl 3G
16Gb or 32Gb

Dolby

Honorary Master
It makes no sense to go through FNB for these devices anymore. The only real reason is if you lose/damage your phone during a contract it's a kind of 'insurance' that you get one through FNB ... but other than it makes zero sense.

You're paying R9,600.0 for just phone over the period - pretty much the exact cash cost from Vodacom and over R1,000.00 than Orange. On Vodacom only R60.00pm extra gets it contract with the Smartband, some education voucher and 75 minutes and 200MB.

cozinsky

Expert Member
It makes no sense to go through FNB for these devices anymore. The only real reason is if you lose/damage your phone during a contract it's a kind of 'insurance' that you get one through FNB ... but other than it makes zero sense.

You're paying R9,600.0 for just phone over the period - pretty much the exact cash cost from Vodacom and over R1,000.00 than Orange. On Vodacom only R60.00pm extra gets it contract with the Smartband, some education voucher and 75 minutes and 200MB.

Yea Vodacom's deals are less and less appealing. I only took the iPad Air through them this time around. I can still pick 4 devices.

cozinsky

Expert Member
To late now. I already got mine from the devil....... Vodacom

Vodacom has improved much. They offer the UChoose package now which keeps the OOB shark at bay. I am with them now and no complaints. Good strong 4G network most of the times.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master

Except that you don't have to fork out a R9,600 lump sum, and instead pay it off monthly. Also, a contract ties you to a network provider for 24 months, preventing you from porting/switching if you ever wish to...

TJ99

Honorary Master

Guess again. It works out to over R10 000 on Vodacom's new retarded "Smart" contracts.

Vodacom used to be the cheapest option, around R150 per month plus 3-4k pay-in for the high-end phones. Until they dropped all the good contracts out of the blue.

Last edited:

TJ99

Honorary Master
But they don't show the specs!
is it:
wi-fi only or incl 3G
16Gb or 32Gb

There are no "wi-fi only" phones, that would be monumentally stupid.

There is only 1 version of the Z2 (Apart from colour) and it supports 3G and LTE. And it's 16GB only, there is no 32GB version. Google is your friend.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Except that you don't have to fork out a R9,600 lump sum, and instead pay it off monthly. Also, a contract ties you to a network provider for 24 months, preventing you from porting/switching if you ever wish to...

Yea that's why I say that's the only case, really. I think in 80% of the cases you'd just go through a SP, whoever you choose.

I upgrade 01 August - I can either go through FNB at R400.00 and still pay R200.00 to Vodacom for the SIM/data - or go through Vodacom totally and pay R600.00 to them. 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

In the past though FNB would have been the cheaper option. I got my iPad from them at R200pm and R100pm data at VC so I was only paying R300.00 in total. Through VC that deal was R400, so 25% cheaper to go through FNB

kianm

Honorary Master
When I see these articles I just think, why not just save and buy cash then go prepaid. Contracts are not an entirely good thing and we should try minimise them