Football banter thread

droidx

Expert Member
The new football season is upon us, one of the things that brings with it is having a go at rival clubs/players/managers/fans for the silly things they say, failing to live up to expectation, etc.
I noticed that not all fans appreciate the banter in their thread.
So I thought, why not create a thread specifically for this (If there is a reason not to and I am too new to know, mods please close this thread).
The team threads can then be reserved for team discussion, analysis of matches, etc.
If you want to partake in or read the banter, come here, if you don't then stay out.

Good idea or bad idea?

MOD NOTE: Think before you post. If you do post in this thread and get flamed, do not hit the report post button.

Last edited by a moderator:

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
The new football season is upon us, one of the things that brings with it is having a go at rival clubs/players/managers/fans for the silly things they say, failing to live up to expectation, etc.
So I thought, why not create a thread specifically for this (If there is a reason not to and I am too new to know, mods please close this thread).
The team threads can then be reserved for team discussion, analysis of matches, etc.
If you want to partake in or read the banter, come here, if you don't then stay out.

Good idea or bad idea?
:D

It's worth trying.

I'm not sure that everyone knows who supports who though - so it might get confusing :p

It's also worth remembering the rule that any personal attacks will earn the ire of the mods.

Sugarman

Making Sugar

Good idea or bad idea?
Good Idea.

First Good Match is watching Arsenal beat Liverpool:D

Neoprod

Honorary Master

Good idea or bad idea?
This is a good idea...must not be a 'Pool supporter.

/Thor's :sly: goes here.

cenredash

Expert Member
:D

It's worth trying.

I'm not sure that everyone knows who supports who though - so it might get confusing :p
I think dbecks is a Manchester United supporter. But I can't be sure... he has a lot of things to say about some guy called Carrick.

Hopefully doesn't get me banned hehe

Sugarman

Making Sugar
have to make a note as first to proclaim my team... GO Arsenal.

(seems no other would do so)

MickeyD

RIP
sarcasm noted.
would you then be the next to please tell us your team of support.

This is a thread of banter of other teams and supporters.
Go look in the various footie threads to see who supports which team...

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
sarcasm noted.
would you then be the next to please tell us your team of support.

This is a thread of banter of other teams and supporters.

I'm not being sarcastic mate.

Sorry you took it that way.

PS - My signature might give you a clue