Football banter thread

abzo

forum angel
I have always supported two teams.

United, and anyone playing Liverpool.
Yeah I wanted to say that everyone usually does have two teams. One team that you love to see winning and another that you love to see losing.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
a second team yes, you should have a primary team where your loyalty goes, and if they don't make it, your next support to win
And you decided on Liverpool and Arsenal? I'm guessing you started watching soccer after the late 80's?

Unhappy438

Honorary Master
a second team yes, you should have a primary team where your loyalty goes, and if they don't make it, your next support to win
Rather have seven teams then you will never be disappointed, unless they are all like Liverpool.

Stickfigure

Executive Member
No i have not been following the football threads, have been too afraid to join, I know from my experience in Whales, you do not bring it up unless you know who the other support as a team
You shouldn't talk about the women you date like that. More cushion for the pushin'?

hawker

Honorary Master
Only one team for me! (Liverpool) and Borussia Dortmund in Germany (I've watched them play at Signal Iduna Park :D).

RexxGrim

Executive Member
My suggestion would be to have separate threads for MyBB derby games

MyBB derbies would be

Liverpool vs United
Arsenal vs Liverpool
United vs Arsenal

for example.

Don't want to exclude other club's supporters, but those are the teams with the most active supporters on here. Separate threads for these match days would keep the build up and match day "banter" out of the Official supporters threads and would give members a choice to participate in these threads or not. Option for those easily offended to just steer clear of those threads.

It would also make it easier to follow. I enjoy the Liverpool vs United match days on here, but it's sometimes difficult to follow if the comments are split between the individual supporters threads.

Just a suggestion.

droidx

Expert Member
Good suggestion. A forum I used to frequent did that for every match. Granted it was a football forum and each team had their own sub-forum. Worked well for the big games especially.
This thread was created with those games in mind though, as well as taking general banter out of team threads so that those who don't want to see it have a choice.
I suggest setting a match thread up for Liverpool vs Arsenal to see how it works.