Four-legged Cheetah robot sets new speed record

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Cheetah robot sets new speed record

A four-legged robot known as the Cheetah lived up to its name on Monday, setting a new land speed record for legged robots by running at 18 mph on a treadmill at a laboratory in Massachusetts, its developer said.

[video=youtube;83ULlgpT1UQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ULlgpT1UQ[/video]

Devill

Damned
Mmmmm wonder if they can build a slightly bigger one and put a lazyboy chair on it's back....

nelwa

Expert Member
It's sad that this is all we can achieve in this day and age - where are the moon bases, my hover board, flying cars...etc - it's all because humans cannot work together as one big human race, we spend way to much time, money and energy on wars, fighting for our individual countries, etc...

/rant over

Toitjie

Expert Member
so is it just me, or does this thing run back wards?

lol guess the thing that looks like its head is actually his tail :p

CeeBee

Expert Member
i guess that pointy thing on the right is actually its ass.... they havent put on the head yet?
strange, i would have thought they should have the head on, as it will probably carry some weight with cameras and other sensors,... so i'm guessing it would certainly have an impact on the balance?
maybe the thinking is, when they add the long tail, like a real cheeta, it should counter balance the head....
unless of course, it not at all meant to look like a real cheetah, just a robot soldier that can haul ass in the warzone?
but it could be fun to have a real cheetah looking robot... go out with the soldiers... "here kitty kitty"... CRUNCH!

Last edited:

reedOsama

This is what came to mind...

so the video was only slightly disappointing :erm: