Free Afrihost unlimited midnight ADSL data

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
100Gb or higher packages?

Why?
Just offer it standard.

It may very well become standard across the entire range, ideally we'd like to see the uptake first and see how things go.

krycor

Honorary Master
Cool.. just a way to alter traffic usage on their network without impeding/imposing on current users. I think WebAfrica has done similar for a while now. Fine with me.. **Applies for increased ADSL speed & reschedules server** .. pity ADSL in my area is limited to 4Mbps :(

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Cool.. just a way to alter traffic usage on their network without impeding/imposing on current users. I think WebAfrica has done similar for a while now. Fine with me.. **Applies for increased ADSL speed & reschedules server** .. pity ADSL in my area is limited to 4Mbps :(

You can still pull a decent amount of data between 0:00 - 06:00 :)
Line em up!

LaraC

Honorary Master
It may very well become standard across the entire range, ideally we'd like to see the uptake first and see how things go.
Awesome, things just keeps getting better and better. :)

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
Great this sucks.

I moved to capped because the performance was better. With business uncapped I was getting shaped because of the amount I was downloading. Now I can bet because of this, performance will get worse during those hours.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Great this sucks.

I moved to capped because the performance was better. With business uncapped I was getting shaped because of the amount I was downloading. Now I can bet because of this, performance will get worse during those hours.

Definitely no shaping being done on Business.
If there are issues I'd like to run a few tests with you to nail down where the glitches are coming in.

We'd never offer something like this if we knew it would affect our clients negatively.

F

Fudzy

Will be interested if you still get the same speed after midnight.

Wall

Sports Addict
@Afriguy - is this a promo or is a permenant feature on your product range?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Great this sucks.

Midnight/early morning hours are usually underutilized, so it should actually not have a bad impact.

SZN

Expert Member
Somewhat of a game changer.

This puts their 100GB capped at a much, much lower price point than Vox and CW.

I don't trust AH's network enough to change to them, but this will certainly be a good thing as we'll see how the competition responds.

Wall

Sports Addict
Somewhat of a game changer.

This puts their 100GB capped at a much, much lower price point than Vox and CW.

I don't trust AH's network enough to change to them, but this will certainly be a good thing as we'll see how the competition responds.

I'm on the phone cancelling with WA.