Free PDF Editor

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
PDF Shaper Premium [for PC]
https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-pdf-shaper-premium-100-discount

PDF Shaper is a powerful PDF software, which offers a collection of PDF tools and utilities to modify and optimize your PDF documents and its content.
PDF Shaper makes it easy to tailor the content of PDF files. Users can split PDF files into smaller PDFs, extract or delete individual pages, and encrypt and decrypt files. It’s just as simple to merge multiple PDF files into a larger file. The software rotates, crops, and normalizes pages, individually or in batch mode. It’s simple to convert a PDF file’s text to the popular Microsoft Word RTF format, or to convert DOC files to PDF files. Similarly, the software converts PDF pages to standalone images, and vice versa.
Key Benefits
PDF Shaper’s clean, intuitive interface allows users to become productive in just a few minutes. PDF Shaper is optimized for high-DPI monitors and low CPU resource usage, even during the CPU-intensive conversion operations.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Combine many PDF files into one neat PDF with bookmarks, table of contents and a cover page via GUI or command line.
PDF Combine from Coolutils is a truly reliable tool to combine PDF files into one. Additional powerful option include creating boomarks out of file names, adding a Cover page and the table of contents. The app works with all types of PDF files produced by different programs. The output is always accurate which is important for e-books, invoices, contracts, bank statements and other documents. PDF Combine keeps folder structure if you combine subfolders within a folder. The powerful engine of the program makes the process of merging pdf files extremely fast. PDF Combine has a user-friendly interface and can be run via command line. Both beginners and advanced users will benefit from it.

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-pdf-combine-100-discount

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Is an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription really so rare here? Aren't a hefty chunk of you folks in some sort of tech environment? Photoshop and InDesign compatibility is standard in so many fields. I'm not even a graphic designer but I still need to be able to open, adjust and export files.

And with Adobe CC you get the very good Acrobat Pro.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Is an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription really so rare here? Aren't a hefty chunk of you folks in some sort of tech environment? Photoshop and InDesign compatibility is standard in so many fields. I'm not even a graphic designer but I still need to be able to open, adjust and export files.

And with Adobe CC you get the very good Acrobat Pro.
53 USD per month for individuals. Yeah, no thanks.

For business purposes, this might make sense, but not for personal use.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
53 USD per month for individuals. Yeah, no thanks.

For business purposes, this might make sense, but not for personal use.
Adobe had a promo for $26.50 pm. Half price for as long as you continue the sub. Was a bit earlier this year. You didn't even have to pay annually - monthly payments with an annual commitment.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Adobe had a promo for $26.50 pm. Half price for as long as you continue the sub. Was a bit earlier this year. You didn't even have to pay annually - monthly payments with an annual commitment.
I don't use any of those functions enough at home to justify spending that amount of money. That is why this thread exists. Yes, these free versions aren't as good as Adobe, but for the few times we need a fully-functional PDF editor, they are good enough.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I don't use any of those functions enough at home to justify spending that amount of money. That is why this thread exists. Yes, these free versions aren't as good as Adobe, but for the few times we need a fully-functional PDF editor, they are good enough.
No stress - each to their own. I would pay the discounted rate just for Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro. Photos and videos are part of everyday life.

laven

I know it is not free, but have you tried buying Adobe Pro licence from ebay or bidorbuy. You can occasionally pick them up for under R200 and it is not a yearly subscription.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I know it is not free, but have you tried buying Adobe Pro licence from ebay or bidorbuy. You can occasionally pick them up for under R200 and it is not a yearly subscription.
Those are just pirated cracked software from torrent sites. Installation involves following tedious activator nonsense. You won't get updates and will have to prevent Adobe being able to connect to the internet.

There's a reason Bidorbuy tends to have them and not eBay. The former enforces little in the way of regulations.

tRoN

Executive Member
Mac has an app called PDF Expert. Works great and is not expensive at all.
Sometimes you get coupon codes from X-Mirage

laven

Those are just pirated cracked software from torrent sites. Installation involves following tedious activator nonsense. You won't get updates and will have to prevent Adobe being able to connect to the internet.

There's a reason Bidorbuy tends to have them and not eBay. The former enforces little in the way of regulations.
That's not true, for every listing.
I bought it from bidorbuy and was sent the key on email which I then used to activate online. There was no crack or anything like that.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
That's not true, for every listing.
I bought it from bidorbuy and was sent the key on email which I then used to activate online. There was no crack or anything like that.
Then you were lucky. I had a good look at the eBay listings and found no particularly great deals. And the Bidorbuy cheapos were very clearly selling pirated software - even the reviews mentioned the shady steps required to install.