Free PDF Editor

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Hi all,

Could someone please recommend a free PDF editor?

I have searched the web but haven't found anything worthwhile.

Thank you

When it comes to PDF, nothing is free.
The Gold Standard is of course Adobe Acrobat. There are other cheaper editors on the market, but free you ain't gonna get.

Also, why do you need to edit the PDF? The better way is to import it into the application you are working in, and make changes there.

But sometimes you can get lucky and find a free website that allows you to do what you are trying to do (as long as the file size isn't too big).
Those can be tricky if the source document is complex, has a lot of vector artwork, and other items. Also the OP has to consider that the document might be secured, in which case he cannot edit it anyway.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Those can be tricky if the source document is complex, has a lot of vector artwork, and other items. Also the OP has to consider that the document might be secured, in which case he cannot edit it anyway.
Fortunately there are also online sites which can strip away the security as well! :twisted:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What exactly do you need to edit?

A lot of the stuff can now be done with Adobe Reader and people don't seem to be aware of that if all you want to do is fill in forms etc.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Is it complex or just text?

If it's not complex:
You can always righ click - and open with Word.

And save to PDF again.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Some years ago I tried about twenty free PDF editors.

With a minor edit, every single one of them turned a 150kB original into a 1MB+ file.

Check whether you're happy with the resultant file size. I wasn't, so bought Foxit's PDF Editor.

rambo919

Expert Member
On linux there is Master PDF, the windows version will cost ya and I dont think it splits/inserts well for which you need another app I forget the name.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
VivPDF Editor...

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-vivpdf-editor-100-discount

VivPDF is a professional PDF editing tool, specializing in the editing of file content, with comprehensive functions and ease of use. It is what-you-see-is-what-you-get editing.
Features

1. Edit text, image and links in PDF document.
2. Create PDF file from over 200 file formats.
3. Standard PDF comment, stamp and sign and other functions.
4. Organize pages including split, merge, add and remove, rotate and crop single page and add header and footer, watermark and background and so on.
5. Add password or digital signature to protect the document.
6. Fill pdf form quickly

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
PDF Page Lock Prevents Secured PDF Documents from being Cracked or Decrypted by PDF Unlocking Programs/Services!
Lock PDF Pages
Readers would be unable to see the content on locked PDF pages, which only display as Blank with Locked icons.
Hide PDF Pages
PDF Page Lock could hide your classified PDF pages and then those pages would be Totally Invisible & Inaccessiable in the PDF file.

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-pdf-page-lock-pro-100-discount