Frogfoot in Glencairn

ajtreu

We recently moved to Glencairn and I ordered a Frogfoot Fibre line through Afrihost.

The Frogfoot installer did the installation from the box on the street into the house on the 12th of June. But there is a problem. Even though the trenching has been done, Frogfoot has yet to install the actual physical fibre optic cable. Afrihost has tried their best to find out what's going on but all they get is that the customer will be contacted directly within the next 48 to 72 hours. This backwards and forwards between me and Afrihost, and between Afrihost and Frogfoot has been going on for more than a month now. I tried calling Frogfoot directly but they referred me back to Afrihost. I tried to DM them on Twitter, but that too didn't work.

I'm using mobile data at the moment and it's costing me a fortune. Does anyone here have any advice? Is there anyone I can speak to directly at Frogfoot? How do I get this sorted?

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hi there, sorry to hear that you have been struggling. Could you please provide us with your FRG number or the FF reference number of the ticket?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We recently moved to Glencairn and I ordered a Frogfoot Fibre line through Afrihost.

The Frogfoot installer did the installation from the box on the street into the house on the 12th of June. But there is a problem. Even though the trenching has been done, Frogfoot has yet to install the actual physical fibre optic cable. Afrihost has tried their best to find out what's going on but all they get is that the customer will be contacted directly within the next 48 to 72 hours. This backwards and forwards between me and Afrihost, and between Afrihost and Frogfoot has been going on for more than a month now. I tried calling Frogfoot directly but they referred me back to Afrihost. I tried to DM them on Twitter, but that too didn't work.

I'm using mobile data at the moment and it's costing me a fortune. Does anyone here have any advice? Is there anyone I can speak to directly at Frogfoot? How do I get this sorted?
Hi,

Sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I would like to help you get sorted asap. Drop me your clientzone email so I can assist.

ajtreu

Hi there, sorry to hear that you have been struggling. Could you please provide us with your FRG number or the FF reference number of the ticket?
Hi, thanks for your reply. It's FRG801372-CPT-B1-351272. Please let me know what's going on.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi, thanks for your reply. It's FRG801372-CPT-B1-351272. Please let me know what's going on.
Hi Ajtreu,

The latest feedback I got from FrogFoot with regards to the installation is that it is impossible for the to trench for a manhole due to an exclusion zone which trenching can not take place. I'm still in touch with FrogFoot to see what the way forward is and if an amicable solution can be found.

I hope to have feedback soon.

ajtreu

Hi Ajtreu,

The latest feedback I got from FrogFoot with regards to the installation is that it is impossible for the to trench for a manhole due to an exclusion zone which trenching can not take place. I'm still in touch with FrogFoot to see what the way forward is and if an amicable solution can be found.

I hope to have feedback soon.
Thank you. I hope we can get this sorted soonest, even if it means doing an overhead cable installation if they can't trench.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thank you. I hope we can get this sorted soonest, even if it means doing an overhead cable installation if they can't trench.
I did ask if an overhead house drop installation is possible I will provide you with feedback soon.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hi Andrew,

We apologise for the delay in your Fibre installation, but there are special circumstances that have lead to this long waiting period. We can confirm that the install was done by Nano Fibre and provisioning failed. Unfortunately there are some technical issues involved in the installation, due to the fact that we are going to have to build in the road. We are waiting on council to give us go ahead. Please note that this can sometimes be a lengthy wait. Thank you for your patience so far. We will keep your ISP updated.

Kind regards,
The Frogfoot Team