Frogfoot vs Octotel

RazorCPT

Hey Guys,

If you had to pick between Frogfoot and Octotel, which would you go with?

Mate of mine can pick between the two of them and I vaguely remember reading about Frogfoot being quite unreliable (stand corrected).

Is Octotel better?

Thanks!

Supersoaker

Expert Member
Go with whoever offers you the best deal eg: installation included, month to month contracts, remember when you make a decision based on peoples comments and reviews that you are taking their personal experiences and opinions to heart, there isn't much we can offer aside from advice on what package to go for or local area network configurations, everything else will be based purely on the experience we have had with that isp, this could also be influenced by the area, staff on duty and end user expectations.

Please bear in mind this is a personal opinion.

Regards

SudoPanic

Speedster

Honorary Master
Go with whoever offers you the best deal eg: installation included, month to month contracts, remember when you make a decision based on peoples comments and reviews that you are taking their personal experiences and opinions to heart, there isn't much we can offer aside from advice on what package to go for or local area network configurations, everything else will be based purely on the experience we have had with that isp, this could also be influenced by the area, staff on duty and end user expectations.

Please bear in mind this is a personal opinion.

Regards

SudoPanic
He isn't asking about ISPs

newby_investor

Expert Member
I've been on Octotel, my experience hasn't been that great TBH. Not awful but not stellar either.

IMO it's a bit of a coin toss.

Frogfoot offer symmetric gigabit connections on their highest option, Octotel don't. But if you don't need that fast, there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to choose one or the other.

Tariqe

been with FF in CapeTown for just over 3 months, knock on wood, so far so good, I only do streaming video

MEIOT

Expert Member
Was in the same boat a few months ago - FF seemed the lesser of the 2 evils at the time. Neighbours on Octotel constantly complaining prompted me to go with FF. It's been working perfectly for the most part. Some issues with the Blouberg suburb which was sorted out, and now I couldn't be happier with my connection.

Neighbour still periodically moans about Octotel.