Fuel savers: i10 vs kwid vs s presso vs KUV vs GO

@NeonNinja @TheChamp I mentioned R200k and R250k brackets so give your opinion.
Swift, Jazz 1.2l or if you are really into the small cars then the new Suzuki Celerio or the ugly Toyota Agya.

I don't see the point of buying any of them new so I would probably spend not more than R170k on any of them, it just doesn't sound right to spend R250k or even R200k.
 
Seems the s presso also has a 0 NCAP with the swift and i10 having 3 stars
 
Swift, Jazz 1.2l or if you are really into the small cars then the new Suzuki Celerio or the ugly Toyota Agya.

I don't see the point of buying any of them new so I would probably spend not more than R170k on any of them, it just doesn't sound right to spend R250k or even R200k.
Exactly my point. At R250k you get a bloody decent car not on that subpar list.

EDIT: Must be a 67 year old granny.
 
Kia picanto.

We had one in 2013 brand new.

4.5l/100kms in town driving.
4l/100kms mixed.

Well equipped, much better interior, and very funky outside.
 
How much more petrol money would you have if you buy a R100k car?


You drive in the city, Don't have petrol money? But want a R250 small shiít car.

Mense like van sukkel.
Er, a few hundred Rand per month?
 
Suzuki Swift? Got one myself, goes pretty well, and the top end model has park sensors, climate control, rear camera. Uses around 5.2l /100km with mixed driving. Cheap to insure and maintain.
 
Was driving the other morning on the N3 on the way to work and saw some KWID's in the fast lane cruising at approximately 120-130 km/h. I am just wondering how solid are these cars with their thin wheels wrt road holding.
 
Was driving the other morning on the N3 on the way to work and saw some KWID's in the fast lane cruising at approximately 120-130 km/h. I am just wondering how solid are these cars with their thin wheels wrt road holding.
There have been a few reports of them toppling over in high winds, some of the drivers have this "I have arrived" attitude when they drive them, it's very scary to see them driving at high speeds on the roads.
 
How much more petrol money would you have if you buy a R100k car?


You drive in the city, Don't have petrol money? But want a R250 small shiít car.

Mense like van sukkel.
Exactly, I could've bought a R250k car, but opted to buy a R90k Jazz 2nd hand. Drives like a dream, compared to these options on the OP.
 
Was driving the other morning on the N3 on the way to work and saw some KWID's in the fast lane cruising at approximately 120-130 km/h. I am just wondering how solid are these cars with their thin wheels wrt road holding.

They shouldn’t be allowed to go over 80km/h. Anything higher is just scary and dangerous in a kwid.
 
Who buys a Kwid when they could get an Up! that's maybe 2 years old with no mileage for R70k less? If you are looking stricly at city cars that is...
Otherwise, I second the suggestion of a second hand diesel fiesta. Here are some alternates I found if you are interested in newer.

Honestly anyone who buys a Kwid, or a Go or Spresso needs to come and explain themselves to me.

1652368258047.png
1652368222803.png
1652368185404.png
1652368170133.png

1652368149243.png
1652368130963.png
1652368022824.png
1652367979078.png
 
Some great options there Chris bud, concur fully.

*Any* of those are fan better than any of the tin cans in the OG post. Far!

PS: I would personally 2nd guess the Amaze perhaps but all other options fully.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X