Gates assures PC manafactures that they shouldnt worry about Surface

falcon786

Honorary Master
Yeah I cant wait either,gonna throw away my dv6 and ipad 3 when this is out.

antowan

Honorary Master
I am also very keen to get one! The Windows 8 Pro version is for me! :D

Tacet

Expert Member
I hope it can't run WOW or D3 - for my career's sake!

Redsbaron

It will be the first tablet that actually will require to be COLD (RE) BOOTED at least once a day..., that will need VIRUS scanning at bootup.. and a blue screen flashing, all STANDARD!!! :) LOL

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
Don't worry IBM, we are fully committed to OS/2.
bahahahaha, although depending on who you believe IBM dropped commitment to the underlying intent of OS/2 before Microsoft jumped ship. It could also be argued that Microsoft was fully committed to OS/2 but just renamed the project to NT ...

falcon786

Honorary Master
It will be the first tablet that actually will require to be COLD (RE) BOOTED at least once a day..., that will need VIRUS scanning at bootup.. and a blue screen flashing, all STANDARD!!! :) LOL
Either your joking or you are still using windows 95/98.:p
Why? Just install http://www.splashtop.com/win8 on your iPad and you will be able to use win8 metro interface as if its a surface.
Nah I want a proper solution instead of a blown up cellphone,needs usb ports,flexibility and power of a pc.Ipad is a nice toy but needs a full blown os and proper keyboard that can easily fold away(and before you mention it lol bluetooth keyboards are pretty crap!)

Elimentals

Honorary Master
Nah I want a proper solution instead of a blown up cellphone,needs usb ports,flexibility and power of a pc.Ipad is a nice toy but needs a full blown os and proper keyboard that can easily fold away(and before you mention it lol bluetooth keyboards are pretty crap!)
You know that the surface keyboard is Bluetooth?

Anyway I use a Eee Pad Transformer that support USB, as well as having a proper keyboard, I just used Ipad as that is what you where talking about ;)

2 things I like about the Splashtop option, is
A: You can remote to your i7 8 core desktop and use Metro on a more powerful system than your tablet so can support apps and games Surface can not even dream of.
B: you have the power consumption of a Arm based tablet so you can have 10-16 hours of use with no need for mains.

Anyway, I know you do not like the solution and will fight it on pure principal but for me its like a dream come true.