Gauteng New Vehicle Registration

nadimm

Expert Member
I just (2 months ago) finished paying off my car, and I need to register it on my name.

Where can I go for new vehicle registrations in Jhb/Pta. It is a new vehicle right?

I'm thinking Nellmapius. Does anyone know where I can find contact info. All the government sites are full of dead links.

I need to know what I need to take along and the hours the offices are open.

Lupus

Honorary Master
It is not a new vehicle, you've finished paying it off, the bank should send you the documents you then go to your nearest licensing department and sort it out.

nadimm

Expert Member
It is not a new vehicle, you've finished paying it off, the bank should send you the documents you then go to your nearest licensing department and sort it out.

Thanks.

Any links to the website for contact information or operating hours?

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App

Lupus

Honorary Master
Nope unfortunately, you'd need to look up where your nearest licensing department is, go there with the documents the bank sent you. Fill in the change ownership forms and pay the fee and boom done.

nadimm

Expert Member
Nope unfortunately, you'd need to look up where your nearest licensing department is, go there with the documents the bank sent you. Fill in the change ownership forms and pay the fee and boom done.

Damn. Was hoping to do it friday afternoon. I'm done with work at 1. Guess I'll just have to go at 10 ish to be sure

Sent from my HTC Desire using MyBroadband Android App

nadimm

Expert Member
Ok. So I finally got down to doing it.

I figured i could do it at Centurion.

I figured wrong.

1. You can't renew a JHB vehicle in PTA.
2. You can't do change of ownership at Centurion.

Nice....

So now I'm going to have to go to Langlaagte or something. F***

Last edited: