South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I'm a huge Witcher 3 fan but I'm holding off on this remaster even though I have the hardware for it, when it's so bright like this it loses all the atmosphere that made the game so special, and it also doesn't fit in with the dark world and story.
Random screenshots

Literally mine.Random screenshots![]()
I'm all about olderThis is not a good sale campaign on Steam at the moment unless you want something older. Not everyone is participating in this campaign. It is best to hold until other sales or the big winter sale.
Have you got the hardware for RT and PT?Feeling kind of mixed about the remaster, somethings look nice, but the color and light seems blown out or over saturated, original was darker with muted colors, recall blood and wine zone having the blown-out color and light but was fine with it because it is its own area, but it seems like the remaster has carried that over to the main game.
I'm all about older
And even for older there is close to Jack ****
I'm more of a Police Quest style game kinda guy, and I already got those on SteamAs far as older games go, Space Ace and both Dragon’s Lair games are 50% discounted at this time. You can pick up all three for R105. That was peak gaming for its time.
I'm more of a Police Quest style game kinda guy, and I already got those on Steam
Wish they would put Blue Force on steam
They did revive Leisure Suit LarrySadly, they don't make games like 'that' anymore. I also miss the older Sherlock Holmes titles. There are a couple of really good point-and-click (and even text-based) adventures on Steam. There is this detective Lovecraftian game; it could be good or it could be bad. It looks well-reviewed, but reviews are subjective. The game is still new (10% discount), but the dev also has two other supernatural-themed adventure games. It is also worth checking out The Wadjet Eye and Ray Fury for what they have published.
![]()
Save 10% on The Dark Rites of Arkham on Steam
A macabre ritual murder puts Arkham PD detectives Jack Foster and Harvey Whitman to the test. As the investigation progresses, they will unveil a disturbing connection between the Salem witch trials of the 17th century and the end of humankind.store.steampowered.com
I, for one, am glad that this genre isn't dead. I recently played The Drifter, and I thought it was good.
Foolish Mortals isn't a bad Monkey Island-inspired game. It also has more than enough meat on it.
There are plenty more.
No point and click adventure will ever beat The Longest Journey imo. Just such an epic game and one of gaming's true materpieces.
And should only be about 3 long at most againAll I want is Full Throttle 2.
Still one of the greatest intros of all time:All I want is Full Throttle 2.
DotT and Guybrush woud like a word.No point and click adventure will ever beat The Longest Journey imo.
Nope, they don't even come close for me.DotT and Guybrush woud like a word.
Never again. They still owe me money.Was searching for details on a purchase made years ago:
View attachment 1942766
Then I found this:
View attachment 1942768
Now I'm curious about where Myst/Zork: GI rank.....they don't even come close for me.