General Gaming Discussion Thread

I'm a huge Witcher 3 fan but I'm holding off on this remaster even though I have the hardware for it, when it's so bright like this it loses all the atmosphere that made the game so special, and it also doesn't fit in with the dark world and story.

I wish the environments could have been hand adjusted to still keep the original artistic intention rather than just slapping RT on and calling it a day, because it really looks out of place, even if it might be more "accurate".
 
Andromeda is a very underrated game. Love it, would have loved a continuation. It has better gameplay, combat and overall a better world than ME1.

ME1 though has a far better story, lore and characters. In the Mass Effect series story and characters trump anything else which makes ME1 the winner :p
 
This is not a good sale campaign on Steam at the moment unless you want something older. Not everyone is participating in this campaign. It is best to hold until other sales or the big winter sale.
I'm all about older

And even for older there is close to Jack ****
 
Feeling kind of mixed about the remaster, somethings look nice, but the color and light seems blown out or over saturated, original was darker with muted colors, recall blood and wine zone having the blown-out color and light but was fine with it because it is its own area, but it seems like the remaster has carried that over to the main game.
Have you got the hardware for RT and PT?

Without it the improvements are minimal, but the performance abysmal
If you don't have a 40 or 50 high end card, forget it

You are better off installing the previous version

If you are on console
Well, then you are stuck with the 'upgraded' version, but you are used to poor frames anyway, so not so bad I guess
 
I'm all about older

And even for older there is close to Jack ****

Here is a simple observation. Some major Asian and French gaming publishers continue to offer significant discounts over short intervals. It is a business model that has long stood, irrespective of how well the games did during sales periods. Others, not so much; some don't even break through 25-30% over a three-year period. In fact, there are notable game price increases happening; it isn't a broad phenomenon, but this is something that can become more widespread. That alone erodes previous sales discounts. A game that could go on sale at 50% in 2027 could be the same price today with a 30% discount. There is this form of inflation happening.

This is now also a common trap for buying DLC. Stellaris, Total War: Warhammer III, etc, are all prime examples of it.

As far as older games go, Space Ace and both Dragon’s Lair games are 50% discounted at this time. You can pick up all three for R105. That was peak gaming for its time.
 
As far as older games go, Space Ace and both Dragon’s Lair games are 50% discounted at this time. You can pick up all three for R105. That was peak gaming for its time.
I'm more of a Police Quest style game kinda guy, and I already got those on Steam

Wish they would put Blue Force on steam
 
I'm more of a Police Quest style game kinda guy, and I already got those on Steam

Wish they would put Blue Force on steam

Sadly, they don't make games like 'that' anymore. I also miss the older Sherlock Holmes titles. There are a couple of really good point-and-click (and even text-based) adventures on Steam. There is this detective Lovecraftian game; it could be good or it could be bad. It looks well-reviewed, but reviews are subjective. The game is still new (10% discount), but the dev also has two other supernatural-themed adventure games. It is also worth checking out The Wadjet Eye and Ray Fury for what they have published.


I, for one, am glad that this genre isn't dead. I recently played The Drifter, and I thought it was good.

Foolish Mortals isn't a bad Monkey Island-inspired game. It also has more than enough meat on it.

There are plenty more.
 
Sadly, they don't make games like 'that' anymore. I also miss the older Sherlock Holmes titles. There are a couple of really good point-and-click (and even text-based) adventures on Steam. There is this detective Lovecraftian game; it could be good or it could be bad. It looks well-reviewed, but reviews are subjective. The game is still new (10% discount), but the dev also has two other supernatural-themed adventure games. It is also worth checking out The Wadjet Eye and Ray Fury for what they have published.


I, for one, am glad that this genre isn't dead. I recently played The Drifter, and I thought it was good.

Foolish Mortals isn't a bad Monkey Island-inspired game. It also has more than enough meat on it.

There are plenty more.
They did revive Leisure Suit Larry
I got both the new games and they are decent

Also got basically the entire Sherlock Holmes library and the new ones are good
Still have to het the one currently in EA that uses AI on NPC characters. Keen to check it out

I will have a look at Dark Rites
Makes me think of Dark Seed for some reason
 
No point and click adventure will ever beat The Longest Journey imo. Just such an epic game and one of gaming's true materpieces.
 
DotT and Guybrush woud like a word.
Nope, they don't even come close for me.

Even Broken Sword and Gabriel Knight are better than those. But Curse of Monkey Island (the best MI) is in my top 10 adventures. Never been the biggest fan of Day of the Tentacle.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X