General Gaming Discussion Thread

Yeaaah...... no?

You get different speeds on 2.5", just like you get different speeds on 3.5".
For example A 2.5" WD Blue can hit 6Gb/s where the PS4 Max limit = 5 Gb/s
So 2.5 is not the reason, beside the housing can only fit 2.5"

Suspect he has a dud or older drive.
That is just the interface speed though, which is kinda irrelevant because mechanical drives can't read or write that fast

Most mechanical drives will top out around 100Mbps average, they are faster at the start of the platter and slower at the end.

But thats not really what makes the difference, the biggest improvement when using an SSD is the random access time, its almost unmeasurable whereas mechanical drives can exceed 10ms, which can make it feel very slow if running apps or games directly from it.

On PS I'm not sure if it matters really, I'd assume its smart enough to just use the drive for reading and then keeps the data in memory whilst playing.
 
Anyone know the guy behind Slingshot Gaming Repairs in Cape Town.

I need my PS4 cleaned and thermal paste redone as it's running hot.

They closed during August to get their backlog sorted, but I have not gotten a response from them via WhatsApp or email during September.
 
Anyone know the guy behind Slingshot Gaming Repairs in Cape Town.

I need my PS4 cleaned and thermal paste redone as it's running hot.

They closed during August to get their backlog sorted, but I have not gotten a response from them via WhatsApp or email during September.
Where are you based ?

Yes slingshot are very good :)
 
Last edited:
I just unlocked my battle pass not sure what that does but it does
 
When you get an email on something you ordered:

1789109139860.png

You start thinking "oh yeahhh of course mine got cancelled"

To then see...

1789109201355.png

Oh yeahhh, delay it, as long as I get it.
 
It is also strangely a reboot of StarCraft, since it’s just called StarCraft. They did this with Call of Duty.
 

I do want to see them execute this, because it does seem mightily like an IP that is made to displace the Destiny IP. This game would have to scale massively because of the threat posed by the Zerg. You can't have Destiny-like mobs.

Still some years to go, but I hope that Blizzard succeeds here. A lot of people also want an RTS, but I don't think we are getting one.

Another move by Microsoft to capitalize on Sony's loss, now that Destiny 2's game development is at end of life. I have to ask if some of Bungie's layoffs will make their way over to this IP?
 
WarCraft III: Reforged is getting a new campaign, Forsaken Kingdoms, but I am unsure whether it is free or a paid expansion. It is said to be available today, but I don't know when. There is nothing in my Battle (.net) launcher.

The biggest announcements are the new Diablo game coming in 2029, in addition to World of WarCraft, and, yes, Classic is getting more attention. I think World of WarCraft Forever is going to be a big deal for Blizzard.
 
Forskaen Kingdom.png

It is the same price as the base game. I am curious how well it will sell... I am not buying it now. It is not as if Reforged launched with great success.
 
Holding out hope that it is still good.

Not the Starcraft 3 we wanted but could be decent.

It is understandable why this isn't an RTS. Blizzard, and in extension Activision Blizzard and its parent, XBOX, want an IP that sells to the masses. There is very little currency, or rather monetisation, in RTS. This is just something that the market needs to accept. The more we move into the online and community spheres, the less relevant some genres will become.

I do think that it is strange that StarCraft II isn't being remastered, and even more so that they chose to add an expansion to WarCraft III: Reforged, rather than StarCraft II. Reforged wasn't exactly a success story, and there is big gap between StarCraft II and this new StarCraft (Dominion?) IP in terms of player-audience engagement. I am unsure whether the game will be called Dominion, and there is a possibility that multiple factions could be added over time. Dominion might be the first tease of things to come in 2030.
 
I do want to see them execute this, because it does seem mightily like an IP that is made to displace the Destiny IP. This game would have to scale massively because of the threat posed by the Zerg. You can't have Destiny-like mobs.

Still some years to go, but I hope that Blizzard succeeds here. A lot of people also want an RTS, but I don't think we are getting one.

Another move by Microsoft to capitalize on Sony's loss, now that Destiny 2's game development is at end of life. I have to ask if some of Bungie's layoffs will make their way over to this IP?

But we have Starcraft shooter at home

Only way it would work is if you could play as other factions.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X