George Floyd death

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
South Africa has its issues but when I see stuff like this I realize everywhere has issues.
Abhorrent what happened in Minnesota. But "ZA black twitter" be faux raging out there. Pity they weren't so vocal when it came to Collins Khosa on their own door step. I guess when you're balls deep in the socials you cant see what is going on around you.

Craig

Honorary Master
Innocent until proven guilty plus police bias is helping him out.
I wonder if our police would've gotten away with something like this.
Self-defence. He felt threatened.
:ROFL:
Abhorrent what happened in Minnesota. But "ZA black twitter" be faux raging out there. Pity they weren't so vocal when it came to Collins Khosa on their own door step. I guess when you're balls deep in the socials you cant see what is going on around you.
I don't know the Collins Khosa story, just saw this article this morning and thought that this was horrible. This doesn't seem to be big on local social media though?

PAYBACK

Expert Member

I don't know the Collins Khosa story, just saw this article this morning and thought that this was horrible. This doesn't seem to be big on local social media though?
Not to detract from the George Floyd issue, but Collins was assaulted by black SANDF members in his home during lock down.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Reading up the ever growing list of crimes coming from the looters , not going to be surprised when there is a violent backlash against them.

Jabulani22

Expert Member

Didn't those cops who towed the guy with their police van get off ?
I think the guy died , police generally do get different treatment than everyone else.

Craig

Honorary Master
Not to detract from the George Floyd issue, but Collins was assaulted by black SANDF members in his home during lock down.
Ah, covid. I stopped reading the covid threads, probably why I missed it. I'll go look for it.
I think the guy died , police generally do get different treatment than everyone else.
They shouldn't be allowed to get away with crap, like those arseholes selling confiscated booze.

Cray

Honorary Master
Nope, all eight convicted of murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Mido_Macia

Originally scheduled for court Monday, 4 March 2013, the defendants did not appear, and court was cleared. The hearing was rescheduled pending an identity parade.[9] On 12 March, they were all denied bail, partly for their own protection. At this hearing, it was suggested by the prosecution that Macia had died from being beaten once inside the police station.[10]

On 25 August 2015, all eight former police officers were convicted of Macia's murder in the North Gauteng High Court
But yeah tend to agree, the thin blue line protects their own....

Kornhole

Blackburn Fan
Damn its bad what happened to the guy but rioting *cough* I mean protesting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.