Getting amazon music to work with echo in SA.

Hi guys

Does anybody know how to get amazon echo to work amazon music or another music service that can play songs on demand?

I have tried settings up with irish debit card and I could play music on my pc, but the echo says the song was not available to play when I tried it on the echo.

Should I try virtual USA card?

I do have amazon prime.

agentrfr

Expert Member
Get your router to use a VPN and route all network traffic that way. You should be able to use your ZA card without issue

PIA and tunnelbear have both been good to me

You might need to get a proper router though

Chris_SA

Expert Member
Got it working, removed all addresses.

Added uk address and irish debit card working now :)
You can also get spotify no problem. Download off us app store or apk - use free tunnelbear to sign in and sign up. The first 3 months costs 99cents. You just need to log in twice a month from tunnelbear us with spotify to make it think you back in us - which takes about 1 min when using the app.

My echos should be here this week so already checking what music options I have

Chris_SA

Expert Member
Got it working, removed all addresses.

Added uk address and irish debit card working now :)
do you think this will work with SA credit card as well? I am trying to sign up for music unlimited but keep getting the billing address error (not based in US)

do you think this will work with SA credit card as well? I am trying to sign up for music unlimited but keep getting the billing address error (not based in US)
I dont think so, through did not try it. Not touching the account now, as I don't want break it.

Chris_SA

Expert Member
I dont think so, through did not try it. Not touching the account now, as I don't want break it.
only other option is amazon prime and getting 1% of the library i want, or just stick it out with tunein until (hopefully) spotify launches next year.

such a shame...

Chris_SA

Expert Member
So last night I had a chat online with Amazon to see if I can get amazon music without us billing address, very nice guy said he did something with my echos (was very secretive) but need a us credit card for music.

Just now I went into my alexa app and could link Pandora, iheart etc. Clicked on them and now they linked. Can play Pandora, iheart without vpn. Honestly no idea why and how this is happening - but very happy! On iPhone still says in wrong country.

Luckily my sister lives in us so will sign up for 3 month spotify account for 99c. But Pandora free version is awesome!

steco777

Hi Guys . I have a created a service that works flawless for Alexa . So you can subscribe and use Spotify and pandora on Alexa. PM me if you interested .

mev

Hi Guys . I have a created a service that works flawless for Alexa . So you can subscribe and use Spotify and pandora on Alexa. PM me if you interested .
Hi steco777
Would you please supply me with some info on this? I import and sell devices including the Echo. A couple of my customers have asked about streaming music to the Echo and I'm sure I'll get asked about it a lot more...

Chris_SA

Expert Member
Hi steco777
Would you please supply me with some info on this? I import and sell devices including the Echo. A couple of my customers have asked about streaming music to the Echo and I'm sure I'll get asked about it a lot more...
His solution is PayPal which doesn't work anymore, as far as I am aware.

Tell them to download Pandora via us app store and then create account via vpn. Then you can play any artist you want with some ads ( very minimal). I actually have spotify but Pandora is my go to station. You can say to Alexa, play queen radio - then she starts playing music similar to queen (inclusive of songs by queen).

Or they can sign up for a paid for service like www.musicforworld.com where you pay them 9.99 us dollar a month and they send you a spotify account that works in SA.

Impulse214

Hi steco777
Where do you sell from? Would like to see your range

Alexa in South Africa

Hi Guys
My brother has just brought Alexa in the uk. What app dose he add for this to work in SA. I’m sure this has been asked before but I’ve just joined the site. I’m in the uk and he is visiting.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

Hi Guys
My brother has just brought Alexa in the uk. What app dose he add for this to work in SA. I’m sure this has been asked before but I’ve just joined the site. I’m in the uk and he is visiting.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you
Sign up using his Uk bank card and use UK address, then it will work here. No need for vpn.

Setting up Alexa for South Africa use

Hi guys,

I bought a Echo Dot this week. Got around and managed to set up a few skills and region etc, but certain services is completely blanked out or not activate able because we are in South Africa. The AI on Alexa is amazing, and you could literally have a normal conversation if you are that lonely.

I also have an Simfy Africa account, any advice on how I can maybe set it up? I Emailed Simfy about this, and said I must try with Bluetooth?? How on earth do I do this?

I don't have a us credit card, address or anything I can use.

@Chris_SA, how did you contact this person, and can he maybe do the same for me?

@stecco777, please give us some more info please

Also have to enable/set up all the Sonoff enabled devices on a later stage.

EchoZA

Expert Member
I bought one at Heathrow on Monday, very happy with it so far. Just need to figure out getting music to work :)

fruitbat

Hi. I’m keen to try this - flying through Uk end of April.
Is Spotify working ok it - now that it’s open to za?

lexor

Expert Member
Hi. I’m keen to try this - flying through Uk end of April.
Is Spotify working ok it - now that it’s open to za?
Spotify works 100% - if you are a paid up subscriber( not available on free version).

Last edited:

Chris_SA

Expert Member
Just use spotify. No need for Amazon music.

Oh and sign up for Pandora radio (just use tunnelbear vpn). Then you can stream music for free.