Getting noticed on the web

Trokmeteenwiel

So our firm has developed browser based software for some time now but never really needed to market any of the content we develop. We're now dealing with a project that will be public and needs to be marketed as best as we can.

What is the standard route these days - hand over the job of SEO and related to a third party (since we're not big on that), or DIY? Most of it looks straight forward, but I'm sure a heck of a lot has changed since I last delved into it.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome!

Trokmeteenwiel

Ta - I assume purchase through a third party is easiest?
NM... looks straight forward!

Last edited:

jonno_081

Adwords - can be effective but beware that you can also spend a fortune for very little return. I'd recommend reading a lot and starting with a relatively small daily budget while you're learning.

SEO - I prefer to do that myself because I don't trust most "SEO" companies. They either do very little good, or they do harm by using black hat techniques like spamming forums, link farms or poor quality articles. Do your on site SEO and then write some really good content and keep doing that.

I've also used facebook ads with some success in the past..

jezzad

Expert Member
I find myself shifting more and more budget from PPC campaigns on Google to Facebook ads.

As far as Im concerned you get a better and more tangible ROI. It also allows you to target more accurately. You also get to communicate your companies persona.

Drop me a PM happy to provide guidance.

[)roi(]

Executive Member
Pix of Bewbs! :p
<Stale Humour>but it's not limited to that.... dip your nuts in honey and stand next to a beehive, a "friend" to record the consequence, post on youtube... stupidity always deserves some popularity</Stale Humour>